GTA DLC thread

I think I didn't get the update somehow, I don't have the new features and can't connect to anyone online. But it does let me start my own session and play..... trying to figure out how to get Steam to force an update check.

Verify files?

Yeah, did that for me too. It's a new setting in the Display section.

Can we talk about the cost of the things? I know heists are a thing, but pricing everything on the assumption that everyone completed the Criminal Masterminds challenge is a bit silly.

I think the whole point of this update is for stuff to be stupid expensive. They're gold colored and they're supposed to be hard to get. You don't want everyone rolling around in one.

Hopefully the next DLC introduces cheaper stuff.

Hacking is so rampant I don't see the point of introducing expensive items until that is addressed.

Anyone having trouble with the Xbox store? I've been trying to download the new DLC for 2 days now and I keep getting a "Xbox store is currently unavailable, please try again later error.

Hit the 360 with a left handed screwdriver while dancing a jig. :p

I was thinking about it earlier and then forgot to get it. Might try later and let you know.

I got it through the Xbox home screen. GTA kept telling me Rockstar services are down.

I keep getting distracted and have not even played the 360.

What I don't understand is why are the new DLC cars not found in traffic or at least spawn in the garage like they did when a new DLC was released on the 360/PS3.

DLC cars have never spawned in traffic on the 360.

Ah, I see. Still, I get that they want to force people to buy shark cards, but I just want to drive the cars in SP.

Ah, I see. Still, I get that they want to force people to buy shark cards, but I just want to drive the cars in SP.

You can! Go to your character's garage and select special vehicles. They should all be there.

Not possible on PC, it was treated as a "new" release so all you get is the Elegy RH8 and the Space Whatever

zfBL6li.jpg

Buying cars in SP feels like a total waste of money, as it can disappear when you park it or get out of it. I just wish they put the garages and insurance from MP in SP...

It can get impounded and will end up at the police station garage. Just go get it and pay the impound fee.

EDIT

It should show up as a car in your map right next to a bridge over the river.

Last edited:
Buying cars in SP feels like a total waste of money, as it can disappear when you park it or get out of it. I just wish they put the garages and insurance from MP in SP...

While you're waiting...

There's a persistence mod for PC that saves the last ~25 cars you've driven wherever you leave them, and can put icons on the minimap. If you're worried about Rockstar detecting mods and banning you from Online, there's also a mod manager that keeps the mods in a separate directory and can switch between modded and stock modes; in modded mode, it puts the game into offline mode and prevents you from connecting to Online. One button returns it to normal. I used it for the last month and a half I was playing the game before World of Warships sucked me in and never had a problem.

Grand Theft Auto Online: Halloween Surprise

001.jpg

From now through November 16th in GTA Online, special Halloween treats will be available to the residents of Los Santos and Blaine County on PS4, Xbox One and PC. And no tricks here ? once acquired these special items will remain in your inventory, even after November 16th.

002.jpg

2 NEW VEHICLES: LURCHER HEARSE AND FRANKEN STANGE
Navigating the freeways of Los Santos just got more terrifying with the addition of these two ghastly new vehicles. Show your dark side while getting around in the Lurcher Hearse and the Franken Stange ? both available for a limited time only, along with 20 ghoulish new Bobbleheads that can be added to the dashboard of any customizable Lowrider.

003.jpg

NEW MASKS & FACE PAINTS
Strike fear into your opponents by donning one of the horrific new masks now available in the Monsters section of Vespucci Movie Masks. If you and your Crew are tackling a Heist between now and November 16th, a new Halloween mask category will be the default option on all Heists. 30 Spooky new styles of Face Paint are also available to help you get into the spirit of the season.

004.jpg

SLASHER ADVERSARY MODE
Enjoy thrills and suspense with the lights out in this tense new Adversary Mode for up to 8 players. Run, hide, and fight to survive in the darkness as the player designated as the Slasher stalks their prey with a Shotgun. Use your new Flashlight to navigate if you dare, but be careful not to reveal your position or you?ll quickly become prey. Survive for 3 minutes and you?ll get the chance to return the favor with a Shotgun of your own.

005.jpg

SPECIAL HALLOWEEN WEEKEND EVENT & LIVESTREAM
Stay tuned for details on this weekend's special Halloween activity, including a livestream this Friday October 30th at 5pm ET featuring the Rockstar Broadcast team and special guests to be announced.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52524/grand-theft-auto-online-halloween-surprise

[Top Story] GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals Coming Next Week ? Watch the New Trailer

Become a VIP and create your own criminal organization in the latest addition to Grand Theft Auto Online, Executives and Other Criminals. Featuring all new gameplay modes and opportunities for luxury living, Executives and Other Criminals also includes new customizable apartments, stilt houses in the Vinewood Hills and the ultimate in executive excess: the extravagant, fully staffed and upgradeable Super Yacht.

VIP?s who run their own operation gain access to new co-op Jobs, challenges and special abilities in Freemode, as well as having the power to hire and fire other players for their team of bodyguards. Meanwhile, Bodyguards earn a regular paycheck and their own special benefits including RP, GTA$, and stat boosts for working for a VIP?s organization.

Organizations can go head to head in Freemode, with new missions that make full use of the latest executive defense options including new armored vehicle variants, the devastating Turreted Limo and the missile defense systems of the Super Yacht, which also comes with its own suite of supporting vehicle upgrades including the new SuperVolito Carbon helicopter and personal watercraft.

Some existing Freemode Events will automatically adapt when played by organizations, allowing for new ways to take on King of The Castle, Moving Target and more. Also included is the new Extraction Adversary Mode, tasking teams of Bodyguards to search, locate and safely extract an Executive from their downed jet before a Hit Squad intercepts and eliminates the target.

Executives and Other Criminals also brings fresh choices in executive transport and protection with new weapons, new vehicles and much more. Check back to the Rockstar Newswire for full details and download the free update Dec 15 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ecutives-and-other-criminals-coming-next-week

This is all well and good but until they get a handle on hacking public free mode lobbies are unplayable.

GTA IV's LC's quality is good enough they could just straight convert it lol. Not sure about the rumors though.