GTA IV and EFLC Modding

Der Stig

is Der Slut
Car(s)
Furrin Crap
Seeing as the old thread hasn't really been updated, I created this new thread so that us noobs to GTA modding can get things running right.

Here's my post from RT to start us off:

Not really sure where else to put this, but I figured Blayde and Viper would see this.

So, I've started modding GTAIV EFLC and, yes, I know that there is a GTAIV thread, but I didn't want to bump a several month thread.

I've dl'd a car pack, ASI loader, "traffic control system," C++ script editor and a .net editor.

Anyway, I've been to a number of websites and not very many are up to date.

Basically, I want this. Will crosspost in awesome as requested :p

I've stopped of late, just cba to keep loading in new cars and trying them out, i guess after several months of playing and swapping in almost every nice car i found, it got kinda meh, i mainly used http://www.gta4-mods.com/ for cars since the beta cars are updated to finals and all here

I currently run with a first-person mod and handling mod (less body roll, higher top speed, way more damage). Tried a negative friction mod for giggles, it turns the world into a giant deathtrap.

During IV development we could tweak some physics attributes on the fly during run-time and drive garbage trucks vertically up the side of the empire state building. :)
I think mod tools add so much re-playability that developers should release them as a final DLC. Look at the original Unreal Tournament - there was an active community around that game for another 6-8 years after release because of the modding ability of it.

I used to love playing Multi Theft Auto and Sa-mp, but my PC is 7 years old and won't run 4.
I love 4 and the episodes on PS3, but would love to run it on a PC and change the left-of-car camera angle and icy vehicle handling. :(