• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

GTR anyone ?

swek

Retired Moderator
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
4,602
Location
Hamburg, Germany
Car(s)
Had a bicycle once.
Today I've bought GTR. Since I am a total n00b i thought that maybe some of you can give me some tips or setups. I would appreciate anything.

My first impressions so far are positive..i haven't played that long but the sounds and the handling of the cars are fantastic. If you haven't heard of it you should check it out.
 
I've played the 1st and 2nd demo, and I was disappointed by the 2nd one.
The AI times seemed extremelty difficult to match (and I'm not exactly a racing simulation noob).
I'll have to take another look at it though.
 
It began to dowload a patch right at the first start. They mentioned some AI fixes. I think they've worked on it.
 
Most people in here won't have heard of it, because so far it has only been released in Germany. But the international release will be next week or the one after...

I have it, but *without an online serial*. I haven't played around with any of the settings... I've just been driving the simulation mode. Man, that seems to be pretty realistic. Which also was the verdict of the german press so far. Got really good grades.

Some fans have converted the Nordschleife for it... This track has tons of graphical flaws, but what the heck, its fun...

http://www.gamershell.com/download_8298.shtml -> Just in case you wanna try it out and have a spin (quite literally;-)) in a S7 and a f360 (its about 200 megs)

Have fun,

Buba
 
yeah, it seems to be the developers pride. You can even download some sound samples from their homepage.
 
Most people in here won't have heard of it, because so far it has only been released in Germany. But the international release will be next week or the one after...

That's shocking..We got a game earlier ?..here in Germany. Must be the first one ever :lol:

Some fans have converted the Nordschleife for it... This track has tons of graphical flaws, but what the heck, its fun...

That's worthless without a link *hint* *hint*
 
Ahh, sure, somehow the site where I got it is rebuilding... Didn't find it elsewhere... sorry... Go to -> http://www.kvako.com/ Maybe its working again tomorrow...

Buba
 
I've got it, and the translation file, some stuff is still in german. But I can survive :)

I don't play it much becauase my version is less legal, and this game uses the best copy protection there is, Starforce :eek: (dtm2 had it too, and it took loads of months after it's release to crck)
And i have to actually pysicaly dissconnect the optical drives before i can start and not have my computer crash.

But from what I played it was amazeing. I'd very likely buy the english version.
 
I had the demo, liked it a lot, but I hate how I can't get the full one..

this isn't a game I'd buy though, but I'd download it maybe
 
Kip_6666 said:
I've got it, and the translation file, some stuff is still in german. But I can survive :)

I don't play it much becauase my version is less legal, and this game uses the best copy protection there is, Starforce :eek: (dtm2 had it too, and it took loads of months after it's release to crck)
And i have to actually pysicaly dissconnect the optical drives before i can start and not have my computer crash.

But from what I played it was amazeing. I'd very likely buy the english version.

You gotta have the miniimage, which is like 70kb. Then you have to get the starfuck prog... www.project-starfuck.tk which can disable your DVD/CD Drives on the fly... No more physical disconnecting...

Buba
 
I have a question regarding my steering wheel. I've installed it as a 2 axis 2 pedals device since there are no XP drivers available for it. During the calibration the trottle doesn't return to zero. It's always gives me about 1/6 throttle. Is there any way to fix it. (This only happens in GTR)
 
Buba said:
Kip_6666 said:
I've got it, and the translation file, some stuff is still in german. But I can survive :)

I don't play it much becauase my version is less legal, and this game uses the best copy protection there is, Starforce :eek: (dtm2 had it too, and it took loads of months after it's release to crck)
And i have to actually pysicaly dissconnect the optical drives before i can start and not have my computer crash.

But from what I played it was amazeing. I'd very likely buy the english version.

You gotta have the miniimage, which is like 70kb. Then you have to get the starfuck prog... www.project-starfuck.tk which can disable your DVD/CD Drives on the fly... No more physical disconnecting...

Buba

It doesn't work because I have a nforce2 motherboard, it crashes my system :/
 
Kip_6666 said:
Buba said:
Kip_6666 said:
I've got it, and the translation file, some stuff is still in german. But I can survive :)

I don't play it much becauase my version is less legal, and this game uses the best copy protection there is, Starforce :eek: (dtm2 had it too, and it took loads of months after it's release to crck)
And i have to actually pysicaly dissconnect the optical drives before i can start and not have my computer crash.

But from what I played it was amazeing. I'd very likely buy the english version.

You gotta have the miniimage, which is like 70kb. Then you have to get the starfuck prog... www.project-starfuck.tk which can disable your DVD/CD Drives on the fly... No more physical disconnecting...

Buba

It doesn't work because I have a nforce2 motherboard, it crashes my system :/

Hmm, weird.. Have you tried disabling the drives one by one? So just disable sec master and then sec slave instead of disable sec ide or disable cd???

Buba
 
it even applies on LFS... I bet playing it on wheel is awesome as you can control the throttle and shit
 
Haha...

But yeah, GTR is played best with a wheel, the developing team also says this... At least if you wanna go for the Simulation mode...

Buba
 
Top