Guess that car game [advanced level]

mautzel

Car(s)
Octavia Combi Mk II
...which means no more restriction rules :evil:

Make sure that you post a car that is mentioned somewhere on the interweb, thus. If your uncle made his dream come true and built himself a car but never ever told anybody except you, chances are that it won't be guessed and everybody will turn away frustrated.

Post a full picture of the car you posted when it's guessed as people might be interested to take a look at it.

In order to keep the game going, please reveal your car if it's not guessed after a week and enter a new one.

Okay, let's start:
http://img135.imageshack.**/img135/5336/firsteq8.jpg

Looks a bit like the Audi R8 but that's without those headlights...
So I'll start by guessing Audi?

Looks a bit like the Audi R8 but that's without those headlights...
So I'll start by guessing Audi?

Well it certainly isn't the Le Mans Concept. I'll go for Ford.

Do we really need another thread on this? What's wrong with the old one? I mean if you guys don't like the rules, you can change them...

I guess the problem is not everyone agrees on rules :)

I don't go there anymore because it's so freaking big, and choosing a car that haven't been posted was hard when we didn't have a search function. Now I'm just being lazy.

So now we can guess by manufacturers name? So if I post a list of 100 you'll just basicly have to tell which manufacturer it is. I guess it's hard to guess model name directly by looking at part of the photo of some proto, but no rules at all can be problematic :) How about 1 guess / post?

Having two threads is stupid.

Posting something that's been posted before isn't the end of the world and if you guys need to come up with new rules or clarify them, by all means. I mean, you guys are the ones playing the game and enforcing the rules after all. ;)

I have to say I agree with Viper. Two guess the car-threads is plenty and rules can always be changed.

I agree it's useless too, maybe you could do a "Guess that concept game" but it's still not really relevant since we have the other sticky thread. And it's no big deal to repost a car, there are many angles and details to post of a car.

I don't see it causing any harm having another thread floating around.
Oh and is it a Lexus?

I liked the rules in the old thread as they left a chance to guess a car to a rather big amount of people but recongnised that there are a few participants that run out of ideas of new cars and/or knew each car posted instantly.

My idea was to leave the old thread running like it is as it is a very popular thread. I also had the imagination that a few people solely signed up to have a go in there and then got into other subjects as well time by time, so it's got a positive overall effect on the whole forum. But I also remember members that would've liked to take part but were turned off quickly by the increasing level of difficulty on several occasions.

However, the demand to have a go at cars that are by far more difficult to catch than mass production cars always has been there, and I thought that this thread would be a nice alternative for those who are getting each car in the exisiting thread instantly and wish to put their efforts in something else now instead. I partly was hoping (and thought for myself) that people interested in this thread might refrain from or lower teir activities in the existing thread to give other people a try as well.

Klutch: No BMW/Ferrari/Honda-Acura.

MXM: I'm still looking for the manufactorer AND model (advanced level!)

Edit: Peter: No Lexus!

I'm not at all worried about reposted cars btw (except for the Saab Sonett)- if anyone cares, he/she might have a look at the whole list of cars guessed by now by clicking on the link in my signature :)

If you should decide that this is an unnecessary thread, feel free to close it - it only was an idea of me resulting from my explanation above!

MXM: I'm still looking for the manufactorer AND model (advanced level!)

Edit: Peter: No Lexus!

If you're looking for a manufacturer and a model, then why are you answering to people just guessing the Manufacturer? Shouldn't an advance level one be harder instead of having people shout Random manufacturers like the other thread?