Guess the mod

I had no idea there were so many killjoys on this forum... what's wrong with cvg's car? It's boxy to be sure but it's cute and unique... I'm the first to rip on a car for being rice, but this looks fine to me.

and it excels at what it was designed to be: a road trip car. it's got a ton of transport and cargo space, and it's efficient. it gets fantastic gas mileage. the styling fits with the quirky, artistic nature of some college students and other young people who like to make their road trips to sporting events and concerts.

I had no idea there were so many killjoys on this forum... what's wrong with cvg's car? It's boxy to be sure but it's cute and unique... I'm the first to rip on a car for being rice, but this looks fine to me.

I agree. CVG has nothing to be ashamed of here. He has bought a perfectly acceptable car, put some unique modifications on it, but kept it very clean and factory looking. Had he bought 20" rims made of plexiglass, I would be in line to rip it, but he hasn't. And he should be commended for his restraint.

Moreover, the wheel spacers were entirely necessary. Fenders 3 inches further from the center of the car than the outsides of the tires is unacceptable, and if I had this Scion, I would have done the same thing.

Thanks guys. I like to keep my mods on the low-pro, noticeable only to those who know a thing or two about cars. So far I have:

AEM cold-air intake
DC Sports exhaust (w/o coffee can tip!)
Tein S.Techs lowering springs
Rota Torque 15x16.5 on stock rubber
OTG rear spacer shims
20% tint on front windows
Stebel air horn system
TRD Japan shift knob
Custom powdercoated grill (flat black)

I will soon be getting 4300K HIDs and some exhaust headers. I also want to play around with the taillights, get them painted smoked-red or something.

I will soon be getting 4300K HIDs and some exhaust headers. I also want to play around with the taillights, get them painted smoked-red or something.

Please don't make me regret my last comment.

this piece of carbage is YOURS? for shame, man...for shame...

Oy! So blunt! Well, different strokes for different folks, I suppose. Here is my wifes 2005 xB:
http://img408.imageshack.**/img408/4259/dsc0027ws8.jpg

It is a great little car! I swear, with my hand on my heart, that this little box turns more heads than a sports car. People are constantly asking to check it out or sit in it. The engine is a little anemic, but for its 2400 pound weight, you can cruise on a highway at 85 MPH with no trouble. Gas mileage is around 30-32 mpg. And CVG, you may agree also, the steering is a little numb. But, that is great for slow speed driving and parking.

Inside it has a very high quality finish, even for a Toyota. Plus the amount of crap you can fit in this vehicle is extrodinary! It fits four to five people just fine, and my friend who is 6' 5" has no problem fitting in it, actually having a few inches of head space.

For the nearly two years she has owned it, there has been no problems ever. Truly a "gas and go" car.

Those wheel spacers do look tempting, plus my wife will be buying a HID set up because she has poor vision at night, and that will certainly help.

After I lowered it I noticed the handling improved a lot. I've set off the VSC a few times during "spirited" driving 8) If you want some HIDs, here's a sponsor over at ScionLife who's selling kits for $160 shipped.

Those HIDs look a little fakish blue to me.

What are those really terrible purple/indigo ones people put on? When they match that with yellow foglamps it's pretty much the ugliest thing you've ever seen.

Those HIDs look a little fakish blue to me.

What are those really terrible purple/indigo ones people put on? When they match that with yellow foglamps it's pretty much the ugliest thing you've ever seen.

Those are 6000K and up. Here's a handy chart I found:

http://img145.imageshack.**/img145/9505/bulbcolortb1.gif

I'm used to driving with HIDs, our Lincoln Mark VIII and Infiniti Q45 both have them.

So why go for the riced up short bus?

Well, it's a matter of taste.

Some people like beards on women, for instance :lol: