Unverified Ownership Guess we need a family hauler now - 2011 Audi A4 Avant

Dino

aka Dins
Car(s)
Porsche Boxster S / Audi A4 Avant
Why does life have to be this way?

After over 2 years of fruitless trying to expand our family, I thought it would be a good idea to get a two-seater for some fun times. So after much deliberation, I did.
Obviously, of course, because why would it be any other way, not even 3 months later, we get a positive test. And now I need the exact opposite of a two-seater convertible project. May I present:

2011 Audi A4 Avant Quattro S-line / 2.0l TFSI / 211PS / 7 Speed S-Tronic / 145.000 kms

1.jpeg

4.jpeg

8.jpeg

2.jpeg

Just to clarify, I am / we are beyond the moon happy and excited that our little family is finally getting a +1. Didn't even have to go through the involved (and expensive) process of IVF, even though we already had our first consultation booked. But living in Zurich, one car is almost a luxury. Having two cars is stupid. Public transport is fantastic, everything is close by, vehicle and parking costs are high. But since our families live in NW Germany and it seems that we are the ones to always travel, we require something that can now haul all the goods that a come with a baby.

Pros:
- It was previously owned by a super nice Swiss guy who is a freelance car detailer, so the condition is about as spotless as can be expected from a 10 year old car.
- Service history is total overkill. Not a single thing that needs to be done. Service and MFK is brand new. Just register and drive.
- S-Line and big wheels mean it looks really good.
- It's got some power.
- Quattro is nice for wintery Alps.

Cons:
- With Quattro, the 2.0l TFSI and 255 tires allround, it's gonna be quite thirsty.
- 145k kms was at the high end of the spectrum.

While a FWD diesel version would suit our needs of driving many highway miles better, the market supply is quite low for those in CH in general, and this one just got is. The wife really likes the look of it, it was the only one we tested that had front parking sensors and the condition is just impeccable. The price was also decent. Got the plates today, picking it up in a few days.

Last edited:
Shame that the Boxster has gone/will have to go but this is my favourite shape A4 so I approve.

Says who?
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought that was the point of saying two cars in Zurich is stupid. I'm fine with stupid. 😀

^this guy gets it

The challenge: Need something sensible and efficient to take loads of stuff for thousands of autobahn kilometers.
The solution: 10 year old 200+hp AWD with 19s and wheel spacers.

No smart choices were made in the making of this thread.

Last edited:
Congrats, and for many reasons.

The challenge: Need something sensible and efficient to take loads of stuff for thousands of autobahn kilometers.
The solution: 10 year old 200+hp AWD with 19s and wheel spacers.

No smart choices were made in the making of this thread.
I approve! Also my apologies for forgetting - congrats on the great news.

Congrats on the Tour- A4!!

1.jpg

Seriously, good one. Ample space and power to get the family hauling done.
My gratulations btw for that live round inbetween the blanks.

Cons:
- With Quattro, the 2.0l TFSI and 255 tires allround, it's gonna be quite thirsty.
Yeah, sure. :LOL:

Thank you for all the congratulations and well wishes.

Good news! You can install CarPlay on this too with a piggy-back system that uses the original screen!

Really good news: congrats on your expanding family! I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly!

I'd be really interested to get that going. Can you send me a link to a system like that?
Previous owner actually updated the map very recently, so the integrated nav works, but it would be cool to get CarPlay access while having all the standard MMI functions.

Congrats on the Audi and the new in-process kiddie! In 2019, I was shopping for a daily/people hauler. I looked at used Avants (as well as several other brands), but couldn't find one that I really liked, so I bought a new Mazda 6 instead. Still not sure that it was the right purchase. Those Avants are REALLY nice cars and are wonderful in bad weather - the only drawback I could see was that they do require regular maintenance and it isn't cheap! I'm sure you'll enjoy your autobahn trips in this 4-ringer!!

I'd be really interested to get that going. Can you send me a link to a system like that?
Previous owner actually updated the map very recently, so the integrated nav works, but it would be cool to get CarPlay access while having all the standard MMI functions.
Here you are, sir!

Wonderful, thank you very much!

You're welcome. It piggy-backs on the current MMI, so you don't lose any functionality there, but you do gain wireless CarPlay.