Guess what will be my new car?

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
So I updated in my Post Your Car thread, that I am no longer the owner of my 991 generation 911 Turbo, to be considered a holy grail car by many. I had a lot of fun times and great drives, however I wasn't driving it as much as I liked in the past year and to be honest getting tired of sports coupes as I'm ready to get back into a performance luxury 4 door as my fun car once again.

So I found a buyer for the 911, pocketed the money I made from the sale and putting it in towards a deposit and down payment for a new fun car, however its going to be my first factory build order so it won't be built until this summer and probably take delivery to me until later in the year. So let's play a little game, who can guess what 4 door luxury performance car I've ordered and what do you think I would replace my 911 with to meet my need for driving performance but changing wants in a car?

I'll keep the identity secret until I get closer to delivery date later this year. In the meantime it'll be fun to see what people guess.

Taycan.

Maybe the Cross Turismo as it fits with the SUV theme you have going.

Last edited:
Taycan.

Maybe the Cross Turismo as it fits with the SUV theme you have going.
Congrats, you guessed correctly ??

My order for a 2021 Cross Turismo 4S has been confirmed by the Porsche factory, with an estimated build starting mid June and estimated delivery date to the US in early Sept, all subject to change.

received_339890937558911.jpeg

received_143859097724435.jpeg

Now the waiting game begins. Shit just got real ?

Very nice, I’m a fan of this much more than the standard car. Looking forward to seeing your experience with it.

I don’t mind if you want them to send it via the UK, for quality checking, y’know.

Very cool! Very jealous! I hope you and your family have many happy electrical miles in it! I honestly thought you'd be going for the Audi but with your SUV troupe, the Cross Tourismo makes a ton of sense. Just lower that sucker to a proper fast wagon ride height! ;)

I honestly want the non crossover style, Sport Turismo variant, which is all but confirmed to be released by Porsche later but very little chance of that being sold in the US due to extremely poor sales of the Panamera Sport Turismo wagon here ?

maxresdefault.jpg

Very cool! Very jealous! I hope you and your family have many happy electrical miles in it! I honestly thought you'd be going for the Audi but with your SUV troupe, the Cross Tourismo makes a ton of sense. Just lower that sucker to a proper fast wagon ride height! ;)

No need, all Cross Turismos have height adjustable air suspension as standard, at its lowest setting its only 0.7 inches higher than the standard Taycan at its lowest slammed setting

I watched the carwow review of the Cross Tourismo today and decided I want one. I’ve had a soft spot for the type ever since the XC70 came out in the late 90’s.

Built customer cars are starting to trickle into dealerships in Europe and the USA slowly.

Here's a CT 4S in Volcano Grey at some dealership in Manchester, UK, the same color that I ordered. I think it looks great, very excited for mine.

2a582af3-368b-4f04-911c-cfcb357014b8-jpeg.17723

1b5a9b8d-3ce1-4128-bb65-2fb470863dfc-jpeg.17722

881c37d2-6b71-4e4d-be1d-5c6035da7074-jpeg.17727

c58ca012-e6cc-4726-9976-8fa1f0f046a7-jpeg.17726

Another customer in TX who ordered his in Gentian Blue

8f568459-951d-4aba-be6b-39a0abaf617a-jpeg.17961

f5fd4f2d-9d23-453e-8be4-83758f7bc54d-jpeg.17964

I don't think they're terribly crossover-y. True, they'd look better without the fender "flares" but it's not too bad.

That blue is gorgeous, but the dark grey has the advantage of hiding the plastic bits...

That blue is gorgeous, but the dark grey has the advantage of hiding the plastic bits...

Yep one of the reasons I chose that shade of Grey. Black would hide it black but I don't like owning black cars anymore.

And today my build config is officially locked in.

Past the point of no return now ??

received_1385679605139986.jpeg

CHANGE FREEZE POINT REACHED

What does it mean? You can no longer change your order?

CHANGE FREEZE POINT REACHED

What does it mean? You can no longer change your order?
Correct, when you order your car from the factory, you get two dates assigned to that factory build slot (both highly subject to change)

1. Change freeze point - up to that date you can keep changing your build config any way you want, it's a little tedious, as the customer modifies their saved build config on the Porsche website and then submits it to his sales associate who then has it approved by the general sales manager before they resubmit to Porsche HQ. Changing up ones build order in theory shouldn't delay the process but in this current age of parts and chip shortages, picking a certain option now can potentially delay ones build date.

2. Estimated delivery date - this is self explanatory.

Looks like my production has been officially scheduled to begin end of August ??

received_332392728578914.jpeg

And furthermore despite production delays this may actually work out for me.

Reading a thread on Rennlist, this may be a good thing for me because apparently the Porsche factory shuts down in July for its mid production year break and when it opens again in August they begin building 2022 model year cars.

So mine may be possibly reassigned as a 2022 which comes with an updated infotainment system that finally supports Android Auto. ??????

aaaaand production is officially done ??

Now just a dozen more steps before I take delivery, an estimated 2 more months ?FB_IMG_1630961851502.jpg