Guest joke about the French not having a word for Apes?

tom_kauf

Car(s)
Mercedes 190E
Hi guys,
Does anyone know which episode this was in?

I've just gone through ALL my episodes of TG and could not find the one where the guest (woman, I think) tells the joke about the French not having a word for Apes.

Where in Planet of the Apes, the english version says "we are not monkeys, wer are apes. Can't you tell the difference between monkeys and apes". But the french version says "we are 'singe', not 'singe'. Can't you tell the difference between 'singe' and 'singe' ". :lol:

Any help would be great, thanks.

Last edited:
I have never heard that joke, which is a bad sign for finding it in a TG episode :tease:

Hmm, I'm 99.9% sure it was on TG. It was a guest, pretty sure it was a female guest.

Last edited:
Sounds like something Kristin Scott Thomas would say, seeing as she's married to a Frenchman and living in Paris. Can't confirm it though.

I checked the Wiki list of guests, and none of the females ring a bell.
Thanks Labcoatguy, I checked Kristin Scott Thomas, but she wasn't the one. We'll keep looking.

Haha, I love the Eddie Izzard skit, thanks Cobol74. Although, only the 1st 1/4 was funny if you don't speak french (like me).

Actually, the more I think about, the more I think the French joke could've actually been a stand-up skit. But I'll watch all the SIARPC again, thanks narf.

Thanks, I think it was her. That'll give me a chance to find it.
Looks like it wasn't TG after all then :blink: