Guests you'd like to see in series 16

i would love to see bruce dickinson on the show or juan pablo montoya(thats never gonna happen)

This might be controversial, but...no Americans. Not after four in the last three episodes. The only exceptions should be Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. As for who should be on, well, Matt Smith is a given. We essentially know that he'll be on. We need some repeaters from the old SIARPC, starting with JayKay, Cowell, and Jimmy Carr. The Dragon I'd like to see on would be Deborah Meaden; you just know that she's going to destroy the See Apostrophe Dee in order to beat Peter Jones, something I can't really say about the other remaining Dragons. For big names, how about Dame Judi Dench or Dame Maggie Smith? Dara O'Briain, Russell Howard, Rufus Hound, Cheryl Tweedy/Cole...all would be great.

This might be controversial, but...no Americans. Not after four in the last three episodes.

I'm guessing two of them were on (Goldblum + Garcia) because they had nowhere else to go. (Jonathan Ross's show ended around that time.)

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, I didn't notice, but Michael Gambon? It would continue his trying out all of the reasonably priced cars that he seems to be able to do.

And Steven Segal? No, no Segal. He's so weird, he wishes so badly to be an Asian. (See: His Energy drinks, herbal lines, and a painting of him as a Samurai on a horse. Don't ask me about how I know that one, but it exists.)

This might be controversial, but...no Americans.
I didn't enjoy the big American celebrities either, it just doesn't jive with the quirkiness of the show. I really like the not-so-well-known guests (well, for us in Canada...) with giant personalities who don't take themselves too seriously. I just can't see replicating that humor in the fake celebrity culture. Unless Jeremy takes a nice rip at them... which is a slim chance considering what happened with the Tom Cruise interview.

*Honorary mention to Will Young...but that was all Clarkson... :lol: priceless!!!

Big guests help an already hugely popular show get more popular and/or carry its popularity. I like the not-so-big guests as well but, as with anything, there needs to be a balance, and that balance should be in favor of what's good for the show. I would say that, at this time, there is a definite requirement for at least one or two world-famous stars per series. The reasoning is simple, in that it captivates viewers who are interested in the guest and who may not have watched otherwise.

Even on this forum, there are examples of people who started watching the show for an interview and then got hooked.

Bloody hell, I forgot. I have got to add to the list:
Mr Bean
Sean Connory

Oh and I would like to see some more Aussies on there. We always make good t.v. ;)

Here is a list of guests I would love to see: Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman, Jacques Villeneuve, Emerson Fittipaldi, Mario Andretti, Michael Andretti, Jimmy Buffett, and Paul Tracy.

No more Americans! Let them go on Top Gear America while it lasts. No Canadians either. Villeneuve probably wouldn't show anyways since Clarkson made fun of him before. Paul Tracy seems like a bit of a dick.

Louise Wener

Louise Wener

Someone I would like to go would be Louise Wener Louise Wener, although it's a bit late (it was at the time of the last series that she was promoting her autobiography, Different for Girls: My True-life Adventures in Pop ).

On the plus side, she gives good (controversial) interviews and she and Jeremy both like to wind-up the same type of guys. And I think Jeremy enjoys interviewing musicians.

On the minus side, I don't know if she cares about cars. About the only mention in the autobiography is driving with her brother/manager with "Thunder road" in the stereo as the preferred way to commemorate when something good happened.

Wonder if they could get the chilean miners:lol:

Not for SIARPC. They should get the one who was an ex-pro footballer and have him drive stereotypical footballers' cars to see which one has the least cockishness.

Ian Wright? (Les Ferdinand still plays, yeah?)

Oh yes, you want Americans. Specifically, get an American (I like the idea of Richard Petty, or Jeff Gordon) or a Canadian (Christopher Plummer would do nicely) to play Number 3 on the leaderboard.

We can then reveal the essential British character as being "ambitious but rubbish," as James uses his best Churchillian to voice to urge his fellow British celebrities to knock Tom, Cam and Chris down from the medal finishes. They'll fail, of course. Jay Kay - fail; Simon Cowell - fail; Gordon Ramsay - fail; Jodie Kidd - fail. Failing - because the quality that makes them think they'll win (being British) just ain't good enough anymore.

Remembering that Jonathan Ross moving is why TG gets all the stars on BBC2 these days, whom else can I think of?

Martin Freeman -- because Sherlock doesn't drive.
Robert Pattinson -- still can't figure out why he shouldn't.
Charlie Boorman -- just to agitate Clarkson about the virtues of motorbikes
Keira Knightley -- to ask JC just exactly what he meant about being a board with a face
Kim Cattrall -- doing theatre in London, right?
Gillian Anderson -- well, we know she's been anxious about it, but
Oz Clarke -- so JC can ask "what were you thinking of, romping around with James May?"
Philip Hammond -- c'mon, it should be a standing order that the Transport Minister should do a stint. Besides, it should go for a fresh round of Hamster jokes.

Oh yes, you want Americans. Specifically, get an American (I like the idea of Richard Petty, or Jeff Gordon) or a Canadian (Christopher Plummer would do nicely) to play Number 3 on the leaderboard.

We can then reveal the essential British character as being "ambitious but rubbish," as James uses his best Churchillian to voice to urge his fellow British celebrities to knock Tom, Cam and Chris down from the medal finishes. They'll fail, of course. Jay Kay - fail; Simon Cowell - fail; Gordon Ramsay - fail; Jodie Kidd - fail. Failing - because the quality that makes them think they'll win (being British) just ain't good enough anymore.

Remembering that Jonathan Ross moving is why TG gets all the stars on BBC2 these days, whom else can I think of?

Martin Freeman -- because Sherlock doesn't drive.
Robert Pattinson -- still can't figure out why he shouldn't.
Charlie Boorman -- just to agitate Clarkson about the virtues of motorbikes
Keira Knightley -- to ask JC just exactly what he meant about being a board with a face
Kim Cattrall -- doing theatre in London, right?
Gillian Anderson -- well, we know she's been anxious about it, but
Oz Clarke -- so JC can ask "what were you thinking of, romping around with James May?"
Philip Hammond -- c'mon, it should be a standing order that the Transport Minister should do a stint. Besides, it should go for a fresh round of Hamster jokes.

It's not about nationality, I just wouldn't want to see American celebrities undermine the careless (and hilarious) interview banter. There's a very carefully concocted image with each celeb, and like shellygrrl said in some other thread (I paraphrase) "it's the person with more money and lawyers that wins out in the end." Clarkson would most likely only engage in polite (carefully reviewed and approved) conversation... not exactly staying true with the spirit of the show. i.e:

JC: "I'll do Will Young"
RH: "I bet you would"

:lol:

In the end, it is about balance, and celebs wouldn't hurt the audience. But I hope they don't overdo it.

Last edited:
Jason Statham & Sylvester Stallone

I second that. Sly is kinda funny, I saw some quite funny interview recently.

And also Hugh Laurie, Rowan Atkinson, Ewan McGregor, Craig Ferguson(!), Will Smith, Bruce Campbell... Females, maybe Yvonne Strahovski...

Last edited: