Guests you'd like to see in Series 17

Alessandro Zanardi

Matthew Belamy
Jason Stateham
Jackie Stewart
Adrian Newey
Tim Allen

OT: Didn't Jezza and Morgan bury the hatchet?

OT: Didn't Jezza and Morgan bury the hatchet?
That hatchet isn't buried very deeply and never will be. BTW, Morgan isn't very interesting if you aren't interested in Morgan himself. And I can't fathom why you should be.

Edit:
I agree on Jason Statham. Jackie Stewart already appeared as a driving tutor in some segment some time ago. He is a wee bit ancient by now and I think he is no longer active in any shape or form. Would be cool, tho.
Don't know the rest.

Last edited:
A bit late for Season 17, but for Season 18 I'd like to see Andy Wilman or Murray Walker (With Murray commentating the lap of course).

While it's a sweet idea on paper, Wilman even in his presenting days on old TG was never much one for the speedier side of things. Last I heard in spite of his doubtless ability to buy pretty much anything, he drove a Honda Jazz.

MWF, While in the old days he might not have been one for speed, but when pride is put on the line, funny things happen to people. Maybe he would get that (fizzy, fuzzy,What ever James was talking about) feeling in his groin, and put in a scorcher. We have had a few surprising results so far from people who expected to be "not so fast" and have exceeded expectations haven't we?

It's also about workload and personality.

In discussion with he-he last Wednesday we both agreed that in an ideal world be would both rather have had Wilman as the third presenter over Hammond but also that Andy does his best work doing what he does. Also if you had seen him in person on a filming day you would clearly see a man who has more than enough on his plate without having to worry about make-up, what to wear, sticking in some laps in the RPC and being interviewed into the bargain.

I don't disagree that it is a nice idea but I don't think the poor guy would have the energy even if he were so inclined.

OK. Fair enough. Would have been nice though. It is something that we should think about. As you say, some people have heavy and harrowing workloads that do not allow freedoms to participate in activities to entertain us ordinary folk at our beck and call. Sadly it seems that they are only available to participate in such things if it is beneficial to the latest project that they are working on. I'm not taking a piss here, I'm just saying that what we want, and what we get is determined by what value is placed on it promotional wise, which is a bloody shame. :(

It's the way of the world, plus the BBC isn't exactly groaning with successful chat shows so TG provides a handy vehicle.

I for one would be happy to sit through a movie plug to see either Jason Statham or Clive Owen in the RPC.

Plus you also have to remember that Cowell and Jay Kay keep appearing without the need to sell stuff and purely because they are immensely competitive.

A name just popped in my head

George Barris (Petrolheads will recognize who he is :D)

Adam West, or William Shatner would be good too :lol:

Last edited: