Guests you'd like to see on Top Gear

Well, some racing drivers have a great sense of humour...

I'm British, and I only know Carroll Shelby as the founder of the tuning company. Lemans drivers from 40 years ago aren't really celebrities here.

I think I'd be ashamed to admit that. It wasn't just any race, and it wasn't just any car... You're a lot younger than me though, so I'll cut you some slack.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3400.asp?id=10983

Five Astons went to Le Mans in 1959, no fewer than four them DBR1s, one of which was privately entered. The Ferraris were faster by then but Moss ran like a hare, leading the opening stages as planned. By halfway, the Roy Salvadori/Carroll Shelby car (DBR1/2) was dicing with the Ferraris for the lead. Salvadori was slowed by tyre trouble, letting a Ferrari ahead but then the Italian car failed and Aston Martin scored that famous one-two victory. David Brown's Le Mans-winning dream had been achieved at last.

Last edited:
Well, some racing drivers have a great sense of humour...

...and some comedians can really drive. I'd still rather watch funny people make a mess of the track than see excellent drivers clam up on camera.

John Cleese, then. Oh yes!

Roger Taylor, the drummer of Queen. He's a proper, extremely succesful rockstar, and Jeremy likes that kind of music. He has always been a car fan, and he is a cool guy.

John Cleese, then. Oh yes!

I really would like to see him on TG and Robert Kubica and Jenson Button because he started winning and I remember when he was talking to Jeremy about how much he wanted to win a race. And maybe I would be cool to see Jeremy interviewing any politician.

Anyone from Iron Maiden. And I have to agree with zetruz, John Cleese would be epic. Rowan Atkinson perhaps? He's a petrolhead, I think.

Eric Bana, Jason Statham, Alan Mcnish, Kimi Raikkonen, Daniel Hannan, Alan Mullaly, Ian Callum, Liam Neeson, John Cleese etc..

Alan Mullaly

I really think the best American car executive to have on would be Bob Lutz. He has been on The Colbert Report and Letterman, and would have an ideology somewhat in line with Mr. Clarkson's thinking, especially when it comes to the green movement.

Stirling Moss, Martin Brundle, Tiff Needell (lol), Schumi, Vettel, Kimi.... just about any other cool racing drivers.

Rowan Atkinson perhaps? He's a petrolhead, I think.

Massive one, considering he owns both the NSX and McLaren F1.

Last edited:
I really think the best American car executive to have on would be Bob Lutz. He has been on The Colbert Report and Letterman, and would have an ideology somewhat in line with Mr. Clarkson's thinking, especially when it comes to the green movement.

If you are an executive of any major automotive entity and don't 'agree' with the green movement, you are a damn fool. Alan is a staunch business man (arguably, and literally, the best in the world, period) and realizes what needs to be done to sell cars. At the moment, the focus is to have an environmentally friendly ambiance, which ford is doing rather well. Alan is the definition of a capitalist, and I think him and Jezza would have a very good discussion.

Also, Gerard Butler would be awesome to have on I think. I'm just tired of these vaguely interesting tv 'celebs' who no one outside of England has any clue about.

Last edited:
You want funny? Get in Peter Sissons. :D

I would like to see Northern Ireland's great racers John Watson and Eddie Irvine put in an appearance. Oh and get Michael Schumacher.

Reactions: MWF
John Barrowman, because he's hugely entertaining and a big car fan.

I think you meant to say he's a hugely vulgar and utterly revolting overly-open homosexual self-celebrating twat. But it's fine, I can read between the lines :lol:

I'd love to see Jodie Kidd again, she's so nice. And someone else, I had this great idea but managed to forget it.

You want funny? Get in Peter Sissons. :D

I would like to see Northern Ireland's great racers John Watson and Eddie Irvine put in an appearance. Oh and get Michael Schumacher.

Irv the Swerve FTMFW.

Jason Statham would indeed be cool. Not anyone from Maiden, but Bruce Dickinson is a cool guy, he'd be great. Rowan Atkinson may be the best suggestion yet.

Tiff Needell (lol)
Yes! I think Tiff Needell and Keira Knightley were suggested in a similar thread before, and they are still the ones I'd like to see. Jason Statham and Rowan Atkinson would also be great, and who else... Al Gore? :lol: