Guests you'd like to see on Top Gear

I would like to see Ricky Gervais and Hugh Laurie as Stars in a reasonably priced car.

Last edited:
Stars:
Murray Walker
Terry Jones, Michael Palin or John Cleese
Rowan Atkinson
David Attenborough

In the Liana:
Michael Schumacher
Sebastien Loeb
Sabine Schmitz
Martin Brundle
Tiff Needell

Oz Clarke - hoping he's better at fast driving than reversing a caravan.

Sir Alan Sugar - I want him to point at Jezza and say: "Jeremy, you are fired!" If Sir Alan can't make it: Margaret!!

i do think Murray Walker would be great!
Brundle is also nice since Jeremy makes fun of him all the time :)

Oz Clarke - hoping he's better at fast driving than reversing a caravan.

THIS! That would be all sorts of awesome. Not to mention, think of the intro! And the piss-taking James would receive.

Jackie Stewart (if he's not already been mentioned) but i suspect even at 70 (today even!) now it wouldn't be fair on everyone else - maybe see how he stacks up against the other F1 drivers.

Last edited:
Richard Brunstrom.

THIS! That would be all sorts of awesome. Not to mention, think of the intro! And the piss-taking James would receive.

How great would a break with tradition be to have Oz Clarke as the SIARPC and have James do the interview instead of Jeremy? I'd watch it. :)

Reactions: MWF
That'd be an excellent break of tradition. :D

Don't believe anyone has mentioned it, although forgive me if I am wrong, but what about a certain M Schumacher? Especially after Hamilton's been back for his (rumoured) dry lap as I reckon Schumi would show Lewis up something chronic.

Rowan Atkinson Hides behind his characters and is a really timid guy. An ex of mine who worked at Goodwood met him when he hired the track for a day to play in his McLaren F1 and couldn't get over how shy he was.
Sean Connery Too bishy counting hish money. Would intimidate the Shtig and wouldn't be able to say "Lashetti".
Billy Connolly Too much of a hippy, plus doesn't need the money.
Kimi Raikkonen Couldn't be shown before the UK watershed as would require lap-dancers as part of his fee.

Richard Simmons :lol: :thumbsup:

(yes, that is a joke)

Last edited:
Guests I'd like to see again: Jimmy Carr (best driver in the Liana, worst driver in the Lacetti; Curious to see where he will end up now)
Jenson Button (well, he's just lovely.)

Guests I'd like to see again: Jimmy Carr (best driver in the Liana, worst driver in the Lacetti; Curious to see where he will end up now)
Jenson Button (well, he's just lovely.)

In fairness, he wasn't really the "best" driver in the Liana.....the luckiest maybe, but not the best.

Thought of some more:

Jerry Springer
Alan Rickman
Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant together
Alan Moore
David Bowie (I know this is completely impossible, but it's worth dreaming about :))
Brett and Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords

Mineworksfine, that may be so, but Rowan Atkinson is the ultimate carnut. I don't know if you have seen a serie by him called "The Driven Man", which is simply epic.

When it comes to the others, I can understand what you mean, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be good guests to watch:p