Guests you'd like to see on Top Gear

samer_enzo

ok so i've done my search and haven't found any thread about this subject..
so hopefully i'm not re-posting.

ok the thing is that i'm not British, and most of the guests they have mean absolutlly nothing to me, so what kind of international famous ppl u would like to c on the show???

mine: Jay Leno, Sabine and hopefully Angelina Jolie!!!!

Ya Jay Leno would be brilliant...he has some free time now that his show is over......hmmm...

Jay Leno would indeed be brilliant, and Carroll Shelby.

Jay Leno: Not on TV in the UK, so not really applicable
Sabine: Not celebrity enough
Angelina Jolie: Would end up on Jonathon Ross
Carroll Shelby: Really really not well known enough in the UK

Carroll Shelby: Really really not well known enough in the UK

WRONG! Former racer for Aston Martin... not known by you though, apparently...

click for proof

June 1959 - Carroll and Ray Salvadori co-drive an Aston Martin DBR1/300 and win the 24 Hours of LeMans.

Fail.jpg

You have now been banished to ignore

Last edited:
I'd watch Carroll Shelby in a heartbeat - a fine advertisement for all that is best in America, American Engineering, business and he is a gentleman.

I think he has been poorly unfortunately and he is getting on now. NB One of my Motoring heroes.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see some of the living motoring greats on Top Gear in some capacity, as nobody lives forever. Also, would make for an absolutely epic interview, whether in the studio or off-site somewhere.

Sabine: Not celebrity enough

Even though she's been on the show three times (5x05, 6x07, 11x06)?

Personally, I'd love to see her come on and do a lap. She'd probably pwn the entire lap board, past and present.

I never cease to be amazed by Jeremy's ability to get my interest while interviewing celebrities I've never heard of, but the idea of having a car tuning anorak on makes me sleepy already. I assume you folks know something I don't?

What about Sir Stirling Moss? The guy's 80 this year yet still turns in great performances at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival Meeting. And why not Jackie Stewart while they're at it? They could start a new lap board for F1 Pensioners (Seniors if you're in the US). Others over 60 - Emerson Fittipaldi, Niki Lauda and Mario Andretti to name but a few.

Orlando Bloom, James Martin.
Yeah.

Get a lot of time to gauge public opinion in the UK do you, from 4000 miles away?

Even though she's been on the show three times (5x05, 6x07, 11x06)?
Yes, but she isn't a 'star', she's a racing driver. All the other racing drivers on the board are also famous in their own right.

What about Sir Stirling Moss? Jackie Stewart while they're at it?
YES!

Orlando Bloom, James Martin.
They'd end up on Ross.

I'd love to Sebastian Vettel on the show.

for all those of you who said that sabine isn't a star, u're all right.
never the less i think her interview would be helarious, and correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this the whole point of TG???

click for proof

Fail.jpg

You have now been banished to ignore

I'm British, and I only know Carroll Shelby as the founder of the tuning company. Lemans drivers from 40 years ago aren't really celebrities here.

Last edited:
what is it with sabine schmitz here o_O
I don't get it, the only thing she can do is drive! every time she opens her mouth to speak I'd like to run away as far as I possibly can! Hearing her talk is TORTURE in my opinion!

anyway...
I can't support shelby, not widely known enough I guess (50yrs ago seems too long a time, really).
Some of the above just end up on Ross, yeah, I can see that happening, too.
next up... stirling moss and jackie stewart... yes please! they are british racing icons AND known outside of the UK, i'd love to see them on the show.

Why is everyone nominating drivers? Isn't the whole point of SIARPC the comedy? I mean, Michael Gambon is hardly a racing driver, but his interviews on the show make me cry with laughter.

In that vein, I'd go with someone like Bob Saget.