Guests you'd like to see on Top Gear

What about P.J. O'Rourke? He's an American 'humourist' I suppose, not a comedian, who has been into cars in a very big way. Used to write for Car & Driver and a few other things. He's written quite a few stories about cars, including a short story entitled "How to Drive Fast on Drugs While Getting Your Wing-Wang Squeezed and Not Spill Your Drink.".

One of my favourite quotes from his book is-

"And so one of the Car and Driver editors came up to me and said 'So P.J., I heard you bought an old Alfa.'

'I did, yes.'

'Well it just so happens I have an old Alfa repair kit- a truck full of money which follows you around everywhere.'"

Last edited:
Thought of some more:

Jerry Springer
Alan Rickman
Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant together
Alan Moore
David Bowie (I know this is completely impossible, but it's worth dreaming about :))
Brett and Jemaine from Flight of the Conchords

Ha! +1 for you for Ricky and Steve together!

I'm normally not in favour of people plugging their latest movie on SIARPC, but I would love to see Bruno on the show. :p

bruno_narrowweb__300x3710.jpg

Whahahah I swear I like that Bruno look better than how he looks now.

Dave Mustaine (of Megadeth) would be a good guest, as would Steve Harris of Iron Maiden. Dave and Jezza would really get along and it would be hilarious.

looks like someone has been listening..we got Ken Block!!!! and better yet Rickey Carmichael aka the G.O.A.T!!!
and plz don't forget about schumacher :)

I would like to see if Jason Statham can handle the mighty Lacetti. Nicolas Cage could be another interesting guest.

Ross Brawn.
Billy Connolly.
Edward Norton.
Tim Roth.
Samuel L Jackson.

Michael Jackson...oh...wait a minute

Seriously, they should bring Stephen Hawking.
Tow his chair to the back of the Chevrolet and let it rip!
-erm?black hole?ermchhhh?oh no, it?s Hammer Head chhh?!@$#^%$^&^%*(*^&%
-Oh my God, they killed Stephen Hawking!
-You bastards!

Last edited:
Gordon Murray
Billy Connolly
The Black Stig (coming to reclaim his racing glove)

Agree with everyone who said
Hugh Laurie - funny, self-deprecating and a speed freak (altho more bikes than cars) and
Eric Bana - he was a well-known comedian in Oz before he got "Hollywooded" and
Rowan Atkinson - maybe he could do it as Blackadder if he's too shy? ;)
John Cleese - who needs a reason?
Would also like to see:
Hugh Jackman, (on TG or anywhere else, yum!) Dame Kelly Holmes, Dame Edna Everage, Charlotte Church, Lily Allen, Russell Howard, John MacEnroe.
To Khaki who said PJ O'Rourke - you have taste, and i agree he'd be brilliant, but i'm not sure enough people know who he is. I think he popped up in 1 of Jezza's programmes didn't he?