Guilty Pleasures

wTABjBX.jpg
Holy front overhang Batman!

Yes, that includes the K-series MG F :p

I'm not surprised, I could see you in a Triumph TR6 with a Scottish flat cap.

I suppose the TR6 counts for me too, it was BL so naturally craptacular. Also the GT6 Mk.2 Coupe. Not the Spitfire though, I know it's the same car but without the roof it just doesn't look right to me.

I wasn't aware those were particularly bad. Everyone I know who has owned one loved having it and how well it performed off road. You can still show up with one at any 4WD event and have Jeep, Toyota, and Nissan guys all agree that it's a badass vehicle (before we go back to throwing stones at each other).
Nor am I but the looks tend to be quite divisive I personally think it looks awesome, only reason I never owned one is lack of manual :(

- - - Updated - - -

DSC8165.jpg

I have been having an urge to sell the W124 and buy a nicely presented example of this.

That's not particularly terrible is it? Just boring as fuck.

I'd like to change my answer.
As Mitchi pointed out:
9626694498_f49d7a94f7_b.jpg

I have LOTS of reasons to hate it, but I still like to look at it and would drive the wheels off of one. :|

The 3rd gen F-Bodies promise speed and sporty handling, yet they deliver neither (without mods). They are also shoddily built and attract rednecks. Yet I still want one. I'd say that could be viewed as a guilty pleasure then.

As a former owner of a 3rd gen Fbody I can say it certainly was sporty for their era in North America and I also never had any problems with mine nor the two my mother owned. It still remains my most reliable car owned. The noise it made was brilliant and the cornering was better than you think--especially with the right Bridgestones I had pretty good handling with mine. Oh and it'll do burnouts pretty easily. Are they perfect? No. But they are sports cars as defined for North America. Perhaps maybe they wouldn't be in Germany or Europe--but nothing made in North America seems to pique Europe's interest so I'm not surprised. ;)

Last edited:
How is that craptacular?

Because these cars look like they can perform well, but they can't - well, at least most RWB Porsche can't perform, some can

How is that craptacular?

Rauh Welt Begriff is Japanese with a cringy pseudo-german name. Everything is done just for style, so arguably taking original and making it worse ;)

It has a very recognizable style which draws people, but it's borderline offensive for Porsche purists. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...es-because-rwb-is-raping-every-one-out-there/

P.S. I'm not a Porsche purist, just for the record. But I still wouldn't spend money on RWB. The Singer, however :drool:

Last edited:
Rauh Welt Begriff is Japanese with a cringy pseudo-german name. Everything is done just for style, so arguably taking original and making it worse ;)

It has a very recognizable style which draws people, but it's borderline offensive for Porsche purists. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...es-because-rwb-is-raping-every-one-out-there/

P.S. I'm not a Porsche purist, just for the record. But I still wouldn't spend money on RWB. The Singer, however :drool:

Singer is the polar opposite of RWB but I wouldn't mind having both in my garage. :mrgreen:

VW Polo 2F.

1280px-Polo_2F_G40.jpg

In black, in coup? form as pictured, and slightly chavvy modified. And of course with the G40 engine (or as a completely bonkers modern-engine-gearbox-suspension-and-brakes swap).
I love those because they were basically the last of the European mini hatchbacks with a decently low seating position. And because I drove the shit out of one (the 45 PS version though) during my civil service, which was tremendous fun.

Driving my Polo for the long haul last night, I wondered how good the 2F would be since mine is great :lol: The 86C G40 sounds like it's a bit rawer in execution than the 2F version, even if the cars are fairly much similar. My ideal version would be a G40 Genesis of course, in purple. But that's not a guilty pleasure for me!

800px-Fiat_Punto_176_5door.JPG

Fiat Punto mk1, possibly with a tranquil engine.

It's oh-so-crap, but at the same time it's a real pleasure to drive one slowly around twisty back-roads or narrow villages.