Guiness WR Dont Recognise The Veyron As Fastest Car

trionic said:
"the veyron is a totally different animal."

True, a very fat animal, causing all sort of problems versus its more agile rival.
:huh:

Problems such as?

The only fault the Veyron has is that too many people don't want to recognize its superiority. It's okay if you don't like it, but you should still keep your facts straight.

the Interceptor said:
trionic said:
"the veyron is a totally different animal."

True, a very fat animal, causing all sort of problems versus its more agile rival.
:huh:

Problems such as?

The only fault the Veyron has is that so many people don't want to recognize its superiority. It's okay if you don't like it, but you should still keep your facts straight.

Believe it or not a Veyron is only 400kg heavier than a F430, and it has double the power , 4wd and double the cylinders.

The only thing I don't like about the Veyron is that when ever I think about supercars, I see the Veyron parked next to a McLaren SLR.

It just seems to have more in common with the SLR then it does the Ferrari Enzo or Porsche Carrera GT.

regardless of what the veyron and ccx can do, the 1000hp Saleen S7 Competition is out and expected to do close to 270mph. the 750hp S7 will be doing an official top speed run sometime this year, they expect at least 250mph.

Vitamin J said:
regardless of what the veyron and ccx can do, the 1000hp Saleen S7 Competition is out and expected to do close to 270mph. the 750hp S7 will be doing an official top speed run sometime this year, they expect at least 250mph.
Expected and has done are two entirely different things. A lot of unforseen things happen at those sort of speeds.

It's not so much that I don't like the Veyron...

But I will admit I have a hard time seeing it as an actual production car.
Maybe it is because VAG is a big company and the Veyron is built in small numbers (as opposed to the MacLaren F1 or the SLR).

TomCat said:
The only thing I don't like about the Veyron is that when ever I think about supercars, I see the Veyron parked next to a McLaren SLR.

It just seems to have more in common with the SLR then it does the Ferrari Enzo or Porsche Carrera GT.

I get what you mean, both are cars with an absolute shitload of performance, but with luxuries that hold it back a bit.

I'd see both as the ultimate GT cars, decimating autobahns. just totally and utterly. Where as the enzo and the GT, would probably drive you mad on any highway, but would be miles better than the other two on any country road.

so.... enzo and GT for the isle of man, SLR and veyron for germany.

peter3hg2 said:
Vitamin J said:
Expected and has done are two entirely different things. A lot of unforseen things happen at those sort of speeds.
2005 Ferrari Enzo: 660hp, 217mph
2001 Saleen S7: 550hp, 215mph

Arrrgh, that's not how it works! =)

That's the same mentality all tech investors had back in 2000. "If was 8,000 last year and 11,000 this year, then next year it must be 14,000!" But sadly, while gravity is predictable a great many other factors are not.

Expected doesn't mean anything unless the expectations are logical.

I have a question for you car experts :D

Veyron is a car that has all the (or most of them) luxuries that you find in a S class or a high end, if not a decent luxury car right?

Most of these things make the veyron very heavy right? So i was wondering since this is considered or super GT car. If VW felt like it or buggatti wanted to come up with a very serious supercar, cant they do that by removing all the luxuries? I mean make it similar to the enzo, remove things such as power windows, mirrors, whatever that makes the veyron very heavy.

If all of that is done, do u think the veyron would be a very very serious super/hyper car? This way with a little bit of technical modifications it'll reach speeds beyond 250mph and turn like an elise, if it doesnt already?

Wouldn't reducing the weight make the top speed lower? Or is my brain working backwards again?
Just seems to me that it'd go slower due to less momentum.

^ Top speed is all about power vs drag (and gearing) - weight is largely irrelevant (well, provided the thing doesn't weight a gazillion tonnes and can't even accelerate). Momentum is irrelevant since the car is accelerating, and at that speed the wind resistance would overcome any inertia.

Vitamin J said:
peter3hg2 said:
Vitamin J said:
2005 Ferrari Enzo: 660hp, 217mph
2001 Saleen S7: 550hp, 215mph
The difference between 215mph and 270mph is about as big as the difference between a duck pond and the Atlantic. Many strange things happen over 250mph as sadly Hammond has recently proved.

Air resistance increases exponentially at high speeds; with the veyrons aerodynamics it would need roughly 2000 bhp to get it to 300 so its another thousand horsepower used soley to get it through the air

vRS said:
Believe it or not a Veyron is only 400kg heavier than a F430, and it has double the power , 4wd and double the cylinders.

I don't believe it.
F430 1470kg
Veyron 1880kg + fluids + petrol -> a bit over 2 tons...

Just to get the fatcs straight ;-)

peter3hg2 said:
The difference between 215mph and 270mph is about as big as the difference between a duck pond and the Atlantic. Many strange things happen over 250mph as sadly Hammond has recently proved.
I think 450 more hp and less aerodynamic drag will help the S7 Competition reach at least 260mph.

fbc said:
^ Bear in mind reducing the weight won't affect the top speed.
More weight = more friction between the tires and the road.

West said:
Wouldn't reducing the weight make the top speed lower? Or is my brain working backwards again?
Don't remember much from physics, eh?

So what u guys are saying is that more weight doesnt affect the top speed. Im sure it'll have a major impact wen it goes around a corner?

And think of the enzo... its very light, but it uses the aerodymanics to get the car feel heavier. I think TG said it weights almost 2 tonnes wen the enzo reaches its top speed. correct me if im wrong.

Vitamin J said:
West said:
Don't remember much from physics, eh?

Well I did fail the exam.
I think my backwards logic stems from my toy cars days when my Hot Wheels purple Lamborghini Diablo would always go further and faster than my Matchbox utes due to it being made out of proper metal, thus being heavier. Now I realise this is irrelevant because they're constantly accelerating.
:oops:

So it turns out they weren't accurate representations at all!

mojo_786 said:
So what u guys are saying is that more weight doesnt affect the top speed. Im sure it'll have a major impact wen it goes around a corner?

And think of the enzo... its very light, but it uses the aerodymanics to get the car feel heavier. I think TG said it weights almost 2 tonnes wen the enzo reaches its top speed. correct me if im wrong.

Thats for cornering purposes and high speed stability