Gumball 2007 - Accident in Macedonia

"It couldn't possibly be our fault. We're rich!"

your right everyone does speed and it is associated with the gumball and if they did drive the limit it wouldent be as sucessful as it has been, but who is to say that the driver in the golf didnt cause the accident? the guy was 67, how often is it that you hear of some ederly couple smashing into something because there reflexs arent anywhere near as good as they used to be, dont get me wrong i am not defending the actions of the drivers in the porsche but there is no evidence as to what has happened yet, who knows what could have happened, dont make assumptions as to what happened till you hear all of the story.

and did you ever think that maybe the reason the organizers of the gumball were hiding the info about the accident to keep those involved from being slandered on the internet by a bunch of hypocrates that believe everything they read. i generally tend not to believe what the news channels say because there is always something untrue about what they are reporting

Yes, it could all be the fault of the driver of the Golf - but at the moment all the 'facts' we're getting seem to indicate otherwise. As for Gumball's version of events - don't forget motivated financially and legally to portray the events in a way that saves face and absolves themselves and their competitor of blame - I'm not saying that's necessarily what's happening, but it is one hell of an incentive to twist the facts.

Trying to hide the story was the worst thing they could've done - that just made them look guilty and as if they had something to hide. Again, not saying that's the case, but that's the impression it gives.

A YEAR!? A year.... A YEAR!

Unbelievable.
What? You think killing someone and then running away from the scene is not cause for a year in prison? Running away in itself can give you that in many places around the world.

Hopyfully the judge isnt the type to fall for bribes and lock these away in a "pitoresque" little Macedonian prison for a long time.
As for the Gumballers, Europe should follow Germany's example.

Last edited:
I'm sick to my fucking stomach, I hope this the last year we hear of Gumball

"It couldn't possibly be our fault. We're rich!"

Well are they? They are both not within the 1000 richest Britains, so they will have less than 70mln. ;)

Morley's brother, Oliver, did the three times Gumball before, don't know about Nick though. Anyway according to what has surfaced now, it can be possible that the elderly couple made a mistake, but I highly doubt that Morley wasn't speeding. 60km/h seems far too slow, so they were certainly speeding which makes them responsible for it.

What? You think killing someone and then running away from the scene is not cause for a year in prison? Running away in itself can give you that in many places around the world.

Hopyfully the judge isnt the type to fall for bribes and lock these away in a "pitoresque" little Macedonian prison for a long time.
As for the Gumballers, Europe should follow Germany's example.
Ehrm, I'm quite confident that he thinks that "A YEAR!" is way to short too. I can only hope that the prison regime over there is really harsh.

I rather thought in terms of 4-5 years, maybe more?! :blink:

I can't believe they only give a year for that.

automovite laws in every country are alot more lax then the regular laws for killing someone

unless alcohol is involved, then that is a different story

Here is a relatively good quality video of the crash site.
http://www.rtl.hr/vijesti/prikaz/10123

What I find interesting is that if you look at the road markings, the line is continuous, meaning the Porsche shouldn't have been in the opposite lane in the 1st place.

I also agree with the others, that its highly unlikely they were within the speed limit. If you are going with less than 60, the impact would not be so severe. If they indeed tried to avoid the golf, assuming both cars were hard on the brakes before the accident, the impact itself would have occurred at 1/2that speed. A collision at 30km/h is unlikely to cause such carnage. Even if none of the cars braked, I find the damage to be substantial, and unlikely to occur even at 50-60km/h.

edit: +1 for fbc's reasoning. Organizers should be responsible, because they create the environment in which people will drive recklessly, which I also agree is something the organizers would expect as well. If it wasn't for fast driving, noone would be attracted to this event as it would be nothing but a slow moving luxury car dealership.

Last edited:
115 people died today in a plane crash in Africa.

Does that mean that the fact that two people died in Macedonia is irrelevant?

Yes.

...perspective.

i'm just saying..
lets not go all
19.jpg

before we know all the facts anyway :p

Last edited:
Sure, it puts it into some perspective - but conversely, we're discussing a possible case of vehicular manslaughter - which is a very serious thing and deserves to be discussed and dealt with.

How many people died today from cancer? How many in road accidents? Obviously, a lot - but it doesn't make this discussion any less worthwhile, or more importantly, it doesn't reduce the severity of the acts that may have been committed by the 911 driver.

no need to discuss it.

if you're a human being - you don't think shit like this is OK.

:)

No idea what relevance your post has, or what you have to justify its obviously inflammatory nature Banii, but whatever.

There is a lot of discussion available, over the very morality of holding such an event where tragedies like this can, and now do, occur. I'm certain that the next time Max Cooper goes around looking for permission to run his rally, he'll get much stiffer resistance and probably no support at all. It's really a question of whether or not the kicks of a few hundred rich people are worth the lives of innocent people on the roads.

It's really a question of whether or not the kicks of a few hundred rich people are worth the lives of innocent people on the roads.

I see. First you go on of how much of discussion there is possible, and right after that you say yourself why discussion is useless?

115 people died today in a plane crash in Africa.

It's ironic that you mention perspective and then use a plane crash to prove your point when there are millions of innocent people who have been/will be murdered in Africa...

The wife died a few hours ago bringing the death count to 2.