Rumour Mill: Gumpert Apollo Speed grabs Ringrecord - 7:11

D

D-Fence

It looks like on the 13th of August the Gumpert Apollo Speed grabbed the record for production cars on the ring (which are road legal in Germany, so no Viper ACR) based on the SportAuto measuring method with a whopping 7:11.5 Minutes.

Driver was Florian Gruber (drove a factory Scirocco during the 24h Race).

Previous bests: #1 Carrera GT 7.32 min #2 Zonda F 7.33 min #6 GT-R 7.38 min

No "official" word yet, but there will be all that matters covered in the new SportAuto on monday. For those of you in the Touri forum, there are pics (which I don't hotlink or crosslink).

Sauce is an user from the Touristenfahrer Forum who owns the hotel the Gumpert crew used. Pictures are in there too, but with respect to copyright I don't link them. I think it will be official on monday. :)

Linking to images doesn't infringe on the creator's copyright. If they put it onto the internets without special protection, then they are published and available for the public. As long as you don't put them on your own site and claim them as your own...

I suppose no one's doubting it anyway... It's not some Japanese coup? that came from nowhere :p

it had cut slicks and raised boost, racing fuel and non stock rims.

I suppose no one's doubting it anyway... It's not some Japanese coup? that came from nowhere :p

it had cut slicks and raised boost, racing fuel and non stock rims.

Agreed, nothing terribly surprisingly about this since even the regular Apollo S looks like a track FIA GT racer that's barely road legal.

Cars that actually look like heavy, comfortable road cars making record breaking times on the ring...something to 'wow' about.

That Carrera GT's time of 7.32 is mindboggling fast. It's pretty old car, with not that much power and yet in the same league with Zonda F and this Gumbert.

That Carrera GT's time of 7.32 is mindboggling fast. It's pretty old car, with not that much power and yet in the same league with Zonda F and this Gumbert.

I thought the F did it in 7:24 something? Saw it on the supercarmovies site? Pretty sure the Carrera GT was faster than that, too.

The Gumpert's a truly stunning car, but I have to say, I don't really want one. Quick, check my expiration date! I might be going a bit stale. :?

Last edited:
Previous bests: #1 Carrera GT 7.32 min #2 Zonda F 7.33 min #6 GT-R 7.38 min

From wikipedia:

Porsche Carrera GT 7:28.71
Pagani Zonda F Clubsport 7:27.82
2010 Nissan GT-R 7:26.70

With a better driver the Apollo could do close to 7min? :?

Last edited:
That car is so ridiculous, so bonkers and so ugly that I love it...

Which one is the record car? The yellow one or the apollo speed, painted in bi-color?

Luckily the Apollo Speed does not seem to get the ugly back end/ taillights of it's prototype: Pics.
The Apollo Speed shown on your pictures looks much more handsome, especially with the rear-wing.

That car is so ridiculous, so bonkers and so ugly that I love it...

this^

there is a special place in my heart reserved for crazy ass cars like this

the Apollo just looks like its saying to the world: I am going to be fucking fast as hell and I dont car what you all think of me

its like the automotive equivalent of Sacha Baron Cohen

what about the Radical SR8 doing a 6:55 on 28th September 2005?

^ I've learned over the last year or so you don't actually have to break any real records to set a ring record. as long as It's under 8 min apparently it's a record, :lol:

But I'm pretty sure the radical is in the kit-car class. no roof and all that stuff.