Gumpert files for insolvency :(

D

D-Fence

http://www.sportauto.de/marken/news...ina-verkaeufe-bringen-die-pleite-5586297.html

The Gumpert Sportwagenmanufaktur GmbH is insolvent. Based in Altenburg / Thuringia company requested on Thursday (30.8.) The opening of insolvency proceedings.
After release from Gumpert was "planned sales on the main market of China can not be realized."

Gumpert with a good chance of rehabilitation
As provisional administrator of the district court Gera G?rge Scheid lawyer was appointed, he looks after an initial site visit a favorable chance of rehabilitation supercar manufacturer. After their release already should start talks with potential investors this week.

The Gumpert Sportwagenmanufaktur GmbH has 30 employees and produces the super sports car "Apollo". The company was founded in 2004 by longtime Audi Manager Roland Gumpert. Still early 2012 Gumpert showed at the Auto Salon in Geneva two exhibits, the Apollo and the Apollo R Enraged.

Moreover, has the Gumpert Apollo Sport in the Super Test on the Nordschleife unveiled a whole new dimension of sports car.

Let's hope they can come back :(

vader.jpg

Is China really the right market for a hardcore trackday car? I would have thought you need a lot more bling to sell there... Does China even have a trackday culture?

It's western, its fast, its rare. That means the filthy rich in China and Russia will want it.

It is also ugly as sin.

It is also ugly as sin.

You're not looking at the outside while you're driving. Or in the case of the Gumpert, you're too busy screaming in half-terror/half-orgasmic-pleasure to look at anything.

Besides, if you can afford a Gumpert, you don't give a shit what people think. You're minted.

What I like about the Gumpert Apollo is that it's a classic example of form following function. They didn't do anything to make it look "pretty" or "normal", or any real nod towards aesthetics at all. The designers just focused on aerodynamics, down to a t. Who cares if it's pretty? No one can see what a car looks like when it's flying by at over 200mph. :p

What I like about the Gumpert Apollo is that it's a classic example of form following function. They didn't do anything to make it look "pretty" or "normal", or any real nod towards aesthetics at all. The designers just focused on aerodynamics, down to a t. Who cares if it's pretty? No one can see what a car looks like when it's flying by at over 200mph. :p

Word.

It's a mental car that put down some serious numbers.

A pity; I hope someone buys the company as a going concern and gets some discipline into the finance and does a smart marketing campaign.

You're not looking at the outside while you're driving. Or in the case of the Gumpert, you're too busy screaming in half-terror/half-orgasmic-pleasure to look at anything.

Besides, if you can afford a Gumpert, you don't give a shit what people think. You're minted.

If I wanted an extremely ugly, yet extremely fast terror machine and I had the money I'd just buy a Mosler.

Anyone remember what else Gumpert did? Nope me neither.

Sure we all loved the Apollo but noone who had the money wanted it and a company needs to do more than just a trackday car worth ?250k to survive.

A less ugly model called the Tornante was shown in Geneva last year, but I don't think any production happened.

Great car ruined by a shit name and looks only a mother could love.

Sadly sheeple only buy what they have heard of and numbers are needed to survive.

I look at the Apollo as the automotive equivalent of something like the AH-64...

It wasn't built to look pretty, it was built to do one job, and it does it well. Yet somehow, it manages to look as badass as it is anyway.

I hope Gumpert can pull something together. The more bonkers cars there are in the world the better.

That image of that Apache is crisis inducing.