Gun politics thread

I’m just wondering what the NRA’s position on the current administration’s authoritarian antics is. IIRC, mass gun ownership was supposed to protect the American people from tyranny, so are they saying something?

Nope, because the despot is more on their side than the Left is - at least that's what they think. Trump did more to curtail individual gun rights in 3 years than Obma did in 8.

Remember that modern gun control in the US is rooted in racism and keeping freed slaves and black rights organizations from being armed. The first SWAT team deployment wasn't for a hostage situation, it was a raid on the Black Panthers.

Nope, because the despot is more on their side than the Left is - at least that's what they think. Trump did more to curtail individual gun rights in 3 years than Obma did in 8.
If his fans ever realise that they matter no more to him than a bit of gum under his shoe, he’s going to be in awful trouble.

Remember that modern gun control in the US is rooted in racism and keeping freed slaves and black rights organizations from being armed. The first SWAT team deployment wasn't for a hostage situation, it was a raid on the Black Panthers.
I remember a video that I watched in the early days of YouTube which explained some aspects of gun control, including the origins as “no guns in black hands” laws.

Interesting what you said about the Black Panthers, but sadly not surprising.

Last edited:

1) She's never fired that gun before, or else she wouldn't be holding it that limply
2) She's also pointing it at her husband's head a few times (and I can't tell for sure, but he also may have pointed his gun at her.
3) Her trigger discipline sucks.

... and later that night, Karen Chaddington finally shot and killed her husband Chad III. in yet another drunken rage. Initially, the police did believe her story that he had been shot by a Black Burglar (obviously), but after one officer remarked that it was unlikely for a burglar to look only in the toilet and nowhere else, an actual investigation was eventually launched.

Dumbasses.

Nothing wrong with wanting to protect your property, but sweeping a crowd with a muzzle is dangerous and stupid. That's a recipe to get some lead in your brain housing group if the 'wrong' people are in that crowd.

Wonder if we'll see these people get charged for something. Not sure what MO law is like, but threatening with a deadly weapon isn't something taken lightly. Not sure what the context is either from the short clip, but nothing that gives the impression of them being in fear for their lives.

This clip has gone viral, even the BBC is running it.

I'm amazed that such a ruling came out of the 9th Circuit, but it makes me worry about future rulings on things like birth control, reproductive rights, LGBTQ+ discrimination, etc.

Test, please ignore