GYMKHANA 4; The Hollywood Megamercial

Oh yeah, you can even see the skidmarks from prior takes. Do I care? Nope. Still enjoyable bits to me.

I think it says a lot that on the one shot wall take he's out of position such that the back end of the car misses the fake brick debris wall and clips the supporting woodwork instead.

Makes you wonder just how many takes have been used elsewhere.

Ken is just a six year old in a grown up man's costume in racing overalls. For getting successful enough in life to be able to finance a silly hobby as hooning, I have mad respect for him. If I had the same resources and talent to go out there, break shit and get what I want, I'd do just the same. He isn't really campaigning great driver skills and pretending to be McRae or Burns is he? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, you can even see the skidmarks from prior takes. Do I care? Nope. Still enjoyable bits to me.

Sums up my thoughts.
I like the fact he is honest: this is a video made to look cool, and a huge success at that.

Very nice and enjoyable, honestly. Fantastic shots. I watched it three times (skipped through the advert crap, though).

But yes, it's the first Gymkhana I see, and I think I might get bored by special effects fast.

If you, like me, were wondering how they did those cool sliding perspective shots, behold, the mother of all GoPro setups:

23hshzk.jpg

So thats how they did it.... I had some vision of a camera on a dolly going along a rail. Probably could of been done but would require some good engineering to get something very smooth and jerk free.

I liked it. The intentional cheesiness was pretty silly, but the driving wasn't too bad. I honestly didn't expect the ending when I watched it, but it was interesting. Sadly I figured out he was at Universal Studios as soon as he drove out which surprised me because I recognized it.

And random Epic Meal Time.

Extremely entertaining just like the other Gymkhana videos, and all the retakes aren't due to Mr. Block fucking up, they need lots of camera angles all of which require different takes.
I watch these like an action movie, ofcourse the actors in those movies aren't as tough or as accurate with a gun in real life but it's still enjoyable to watch. And Ken Block might not be a good WRC driver but I wouldn't call him a bad driver either.

Also, love the car.

Mediocre perhaps in WRC, but I bet he's still better than 99% of the population, including every single one of us here.
Chill out guys, relax and enjoy the 5 minutes of mindless hoonage. Mr. Block and the video never claimed to be anything more than that, and the over the top effects and editing only serve to reinforce that.

Last edited:
Eye and Eargasm.
Cool stunts and I love the sound it makes. That slomo drift when it sounds like a gunshot fired from the exhaust was perfect for me.

I've lived in California all my life and I have never been to Universal Studios. :|

I found it enjoyable :)