• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

half a million to spend...

barreoty

ok half a million to buy 1 or 2 cars, should it be a maybach or a phaetom, a slr or a ccr, basically thinking of a supreme luxury to drive and supreme sports to drive

advise please

Re: half a million to spend...

barreoty said:
advise please

Are you telling us you have the money?

Oh and there is an edit-button. :)

I highly doubt he has the money. A person with that wealth usually doesn't hang out on internet forums. Though you never know. I am a member on ferrarichat.com and there are people on there with F40, F50s, Murcie, Diablos, etc.

Remember that one thread about that guy who sold his 360CS on eBay? Yeah, this reeks of that. Anyway you can watch Top Gear and let Jeremy give you some Top Tips about buying in that price range.

It's like asking what type of underwear you like... If you like to wear girls' underwear, go for the Maybach. :twisted: If not, you have to decide between luxury(Phantom) or sportiness (Lambo, SLR, CCR), and between accessible (Lambo) or scary (CCR) performance, or even in-between (SLR).

Damn, you guys scared him away.

I was ready to give him good buying advice. :thumbsdown: You guys are mean. :mrgreen:

gents correct i certainly dont have the money it is not me who has won the cash i am just asking on their behalf.

why don't you get your facts right before you start getting the bullet out, i just asked a simple question

if you had half a million dollars, why don't you just go to the dealer and test drive the cars... as you can tell, we are not the sort of people who own 1/2 a million dollar cars so obviously we won't be giving you any opinions on weather you should spend 1/2 a million monopoly money on a 1/18th scale Maybach or Phantom.... but if you happen to buy one of them... you are welcome to post them in this thread

http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=3502&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

;)

wel i thought here was a place of car admirers with people in the know thats all, if i had the cash i would not be here, hence why my frend is getting me to do it.

basically i know what there is out there i just wanted peps opinions so that i can relay them back

It was all just a minor mistake, you phrased the question the wrong way and some misinterpreted it the wrong way.

big hugs everyone :thumbsup: :lol:

well, first off, if they won that money, then they shouldn't ask for anybody's opinion, that's just dumb, why would they do that, so that they can just blame you if they ever find out that they're not happy with their choice ? I say get them to take an effort, do the research (they can afford it, for F***'s sakes), test drive the cars they think to be tops, and then THEY should decide, especially if it's any sum above $100,000, if they screw up in their choice, it's their hundred-thousands of dollars mistake, not anybody elses. I hate it when people that don't know anything about a subject make others do their homework for them so they won't have to pick, and then blame them for doing something wrong. It's like having an advisor, following his advices and then if you screw up because of following the advice you blame it on the adviser, and you don't take any responsibility whatsoever, although you're the one that followed the advice. THAT'S NOT HOW STUFF SHOULD BE DONE!!

So if I was you, I'd go to them and slap them silly, because they don't deserve that half-million, because they'd probably lose it very fast with that sort of attitude.

vladmitu said:
So if I was you, I'd go to them and slap them silly, because they don't deserve that half-million, because they'd probably lose it very fast with that sort of attitude.

right, if someone won half a mil and didn't know what they wanted, chances are they shouldn't be buying a car worth that much.

i think pretty much everyone on this board would know exactly what car they would buy with half a million, or at least a few they'd need to test drive and eliminate till they found the right one.

barreoty, i think if your mate has no idea what car he wants, maybe he should just get a a nice practical car and do something sensible with the money?

vladmitu said:
well, first off, if they won that money, then they shouldn't ask for anybody's opinion, that's just dumb, why would they do that, so that they can just blame you if they ever find out that they're not happy with their choice ? I say get them to take an effort, do the research (they can afford it, for F***'s sakes), test drive the cars they think to be tops, and then THEY should decide, especially if it's any sum above $100,000, if they screw up in their choice, it's their hundred-thousands of dollars mistake, not anybody elses. I hate it when people that don't know anything about a subject make others do their homework for them so they won't have to pick, and then blame them for doing something wrong. It's like having an advisor, following his advices and then if you screw up because of following the advice you blame it on the adviser, and you don't take any responsibility whatsoever, although you're the one that followed the advice. THAT'S NOT HOW STUFF SHOULD BE DONE!!

relax... i would ask for someones opinion bc i wouldnt want to be stuck with a half a million dollar piece of shit.

Maybach. Absolutely. I wouldn't even need a house after that, it has EVERYTHING in it :) :thumbsup: