Half Life 2: Episode 1

Janus

Well I thought I would get it today and play it a little before I start to study for my exams in the next couple of weeks.

Installed it around 6PM....finished it around 11PM.

A little short for my liking. :(

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Yeah, it was only 5 chapters, but remember, it was only $20 and basically a third of a game.

zenkidori

Banned For Trolling
Car(s)
RX-7, Jeep Cherokee
If you paid any attention to any of the pre-release media you would know that valve is no longer making huge HL games anymore, they are doing it in chapters, hence the shortness and lower price. duh.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
zenkidori said:
If you paid any attention to any of the pre-release media you would know that valve is no longer making huge HL games anymore, they are doing it in chapters, hence the shortness and lower price. duh.
Yeah, and rather than development times of like 18 months, now it's only 4 months or so.

duality

Eventhough I was very sceptical during its release, I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game. The story advances really well and leaves the player with questions...the reason Id love to play Episode 2.

In terms of quality of gaming, imho, Episode 1 was much better than HL2. I enjoyed playing it more than I enjoyed playing Hl2, it was much more action packed, the story was well told, the HDR was sweet and the music eery; it felt like a perfectly balanced game. There was less wandering around unlike HL2 and the shooting sequences were very well orchestrated. I'm not saying HL2 was bad, but for some reason Ep1 felt superior to it: Short but sweet... I actually prefer playing small episodes with a punch rather than long full games which tend to bore the player at times.

Skoshi

The game was sweet but for 20?.. Eh.. A bit short since IMO it has no replay value. 10? might be something I'd be ready to shell out for a few hours of gameplay. Oh well, I guess this is what it will be like from now on.

And yes I know it's meant to be short bla bla blaa

cvrefugee

Car(s)
2005 Scion xB
Episode One will be available for only $7.99 at Circuit City stores starting 6/11 until 6/17. Now you have no reason NOT to go out and buy it (unless you live outside the U.S.).