Half Life 2: Episode 1

Overheat said:
quick question before I commit money to this game - does it require Steam? I'd like to play it on one of my dedicated gaming systems and I really don't want to have to connect them to the net.

Yes, it requires steam initially. After you purchase/register it though, you can run it in offline mode.

Yes, all Valve games are Steam based.

However, you only need to be online when you first install it or whatever. Steam works fine in offline mode. ;)

Pfft, I love Steam. A lot better than that EA Downloader POS.

If i buy halflife 2(the original) can i play CS:S without paying more money?

Viper007Bond said:
Pfft, I love Steam. A lot better than that EA Downloader POS.

Yeah, I love it too. You can download any HL game you've previously owned, after a re-install, with nothing more than your login. You can install the software on a laptop with only a login, and no CD switching, or having to have CDs in the drive at anytime.

If i buy halflife 2(the original) can i play CS:S without paying more money?

i'm not sure, I think HL 2 Episode 1 comes with it. I got it a long time ago with my platnium HL2 package.

hokiethang said:
Overheat said:
quick question before I commit money to this game - does it require Steam? I'd like to play it on one of my dedicated gaming systems and I really don't want to have to connect them to the net.

Yes, it requires steam initially. After you purchase/register it though, you can run it in offline mode.

So basically, people without an internet connection are screwed?

Overheat said:
hokiethang said:
Overheat said:

So basically, people without an internet connection are screwed?

Yeah, but statistically, gamers are more likely to have internet, actually they are more likely to have broadband than most groups of people. Valve figures that what they lose in income from people with no internet connection, they gain in people who don't want to deal with installing games from a bunch of CDs.

On a side note, god the Source engine kicks ass. It's so pretty. :(

http://img460.imageshack.**/img460/2976/hl2e1200606021533507br.th.jpg

I am contemplating buying CS Source.... i'm an addicted CS fan, been playing since beta 6 and just wondering if it's worth 20bucks to buy the source one. I know it's better graphics but what am i really getting?

Will it feel better when I own people? lol

hell yea - it does for me anyway. hearing their skulls split in two and seeing the ragdoll is brilliant - tho i really wish that ragdoll collide was on by default

AxlxA said:
I am contemplating buying CS Source.... i'm an addicted CS fan, been playing since beta 6 and just wondering if it's worth 20bucks to buy the source one. I know it's better graphics but what am i really getting?

Will it feel better when I own people? lol
Do you have HL2? If not, buy it instead. It comes with CSS.

I havn't seen much about this game since I've moved and left my gaming PC behind with the rest of my family, will it scale decently on my girl's machine?

1.75Ghz
512RAM
GeForce FX5200

I had the 5200 in the old machine, and it did pretty well(overclocked), just had trouble with the HDR lighting.

zenkidori said:
I havn't seen much about this game since I've moved and left my gaming PC behind with the rest of my family, will it scale decently on my girl's machine?

1.75Ghz
512RAM
GeForce FX5200

I had the 5200 in the old machine, and it did pretty well(overclocked), just had trouble with the HDR lighting.

It should run okay at 1024x768 with everything on low or medium.

lol... 60+tax, no thanks.

And i've never played halflife let along thinking about halflife2.

I just like to online play, not really a single player fan. I might even think about dod.

I used to play TFC on the original hl non stop. I was pretty good at it. Then i played cs for years... possibly 7 years now?

$60 for a dozen games? Good deal if you ask me. :)