• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Hamas wins by landslide

:thumbsup:

How the hell is that deserving of a thumbs up?

The Palestinians are so fucking stupid. I've stopped caring about their cause a long time ago. You'd think they'd be sick of this crap by now. What they have basically done is closed the door on any peace for a couple of years. Who knows if they're even going to have an election in a couple of years. If someone like Netenyahu comes into power, a reoccupation is very likely.

///M said:
How the hell is that deserving of a thumbs up?

The Palestinians are so fucking stupid. I've stopped caring about their cause a long time ago. You'd think they'd be sick of this crap by now. What they have basically done is closed the door on any peace for a couple of years. Who knows if they're even going to have an election in a couple of years. If someone like Netenyahu comes into power, a reoccupation is very likely.

Who the fuck cares about peace?
When, since the beginning of humankind, has there been peace?
We, humans, strive on war!
The quicker we all kill each other, the better!
Oh yeah, fuck anyone's cause!

:thumbsup: good move on the part of the Palestinian people imho. Fatah is useless.

Was kinda obvious result tho, Hamas did a lot more for the people in Palestine as a NGO than Fatah did as government and I'm not talking about resistance to Israel. Its a MAJOR charity and if not for their efforts soooooo many people would have died from starvation by now.

wow, you're really screwed up mate...

///M,
with the israeli behavior in mind, it does not surprise me that the hamas wins an election. if there is no progress, the voters usually vote for the opposition, happens in every democracy. but both sides are responsible for this, even if sharon was on the right way lately, it was appearently too late and not ernough.

Why is the Hamas victory so bad? Because they are not in line with usa/israel opinions? hhmmmm..... <_<

The reality is that we will all be killing ourselves until extinction, regardless who wins or who loses.

The US may consider halting financial aid to Palestine. Hmmm...so much for America wanting "Democracy"....

The problem here is that the Hamas did not want nor suspect such a high win, they were hoping to work with the Fatah and then claim ministries with like education and health, because they simply cannot govern Palestine,since their leaders are either dead, in exile or in Israeli prisons.. If this remains as it is, then the Hamas would not be able to govern the country at all. Since the old government left no money at all and the Hamas would be unable to pay salaries, normally in such a case european countries would send some money to maintain stability, but it is uncertain whether this will happen.
Would you keep a corrupt government which steals half of the countries money, or would you vote for a change?
In my opinion democracy is not always the right way, but corruption is never good.

I don't think any of this is really relevant at this time since Fatah and Hamas seem to be at the brink of killing each other off anyway. What good is a democratic election process in a country where the losing party are sore losers and end up rioting and killing the members of the winning party?

Nice place. Way to act civilized. And then they wonder why people don't take them seriously.

Firecat said:
The US may consider halting financial aid to Palestine. Hmmm...so much for America wanting "Democracy"....
We only like democracy when it benefits us, otherwise we prefer US sponsored "stongmen".

zenkidori said:
Firecat said:
We only like democracy when it benefits us, otherwise we prefer US sponsored "stongmen".
So true... But cuting money would lead to instability. But the US could keep their face, if the EU continuous to send money, and the US stops. Time will tell whether the Hamas can lead, but since most police men were Fatah supporters, that could cause a problem.

I don't think that Hamas was a clever choice but then again I am not a palestinian so I don't really have a say. As long as the election was fair and they really were the peoples choice then so be it! Whatever consequences follow the palestinians brought it upon themselves.

However other countries should honour their choice and treat Hamas as the duly elected government of the country...

Just my 2c

mmap said:
However other countries should honour their choice and treat Hamas as the duly elected government of the country...
Indeed. no more of this, "if we don't like the outcome or possible outcome of your election, we'll invade your ass".

Vietnow.