Hamilton ticketed, car impounded in Australia

No big deal. We've all spun our wheels, and nobody has 720 degree vision to spot cops in every bush. I'd be more impressed if his press release was "So fucking what", instead of "grovel grovel sorry grovel".

No big deal. We've all spun our wheels, and nobody has 720 degree vision to spot cops in every bush. I'd be more impressed if his press release was "So fucking what", instead of "grovel grovel sorry grovel".
Could be banned from the race with that sort of reply - "What sort of role model. ..." Yada Yada Yada. ...

It wasn't just wheel spin. He was smoking them up. :lol::mrgreen:

The news today showed the car being towed away. It was a very nice looking C63 AMG.

Speaking of C63s, there are heaps around my area for some reason. If I had the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat over an M3.

"Welcome to Victoria, the nanny state".

Pfft, hooning is a completely proper use for that!

720 degrees ? You sure about that ?

And no, I have not spun my wheels :p

Most states in Australia have enacted "hoon" laws meaning that if you get caught doing burn-outs, street racing, or speeding a certain amount over the speed limit, the car is automatically impounded. It's not that major, but it will certainly get whipped up like it is.

Funny you should mention that. Here in Ontario, Canada if you get caught doing anything like that, it is called stunt driving. License suspended for 7 days, car impounded for 7 days, and a fine of up to $2000 CDN. Australia a nanny state? Think again. Spin the wheels for a split second and you get nailed for stunt driving. This law was meant to curb anybody speeding over 50 km/h but the police pretty much take anything that depicts having fun with a car.

How could one not spin the wheels up on a Mercedes C63 AMG, Clarkson described it as an axe-murderer and Button said, when he got it,that it was easy to spin the tires up on it.

I'm amused. I'd do the same as him if I had that car, and I'm older :lol:.

Someone in our building has a white 63, and next to it is parked a blue S5... Both of them look so fantastic parked next to each other.

I like how Hamilton looks like a little child caught doing a bad bad thing. Its funny how they are trying to hide his face!
The mechanics must be thinking, HAH! THEY WONT KNOW WHO HE IS NOW AFTER WE BLOCK THE CAMERA'S VIEW!

This clip is awesome!

I was reading the Herald Sun today and all they had was negative criticism about him and even the Editorial was all about "You should be ashamed yada yada". ah, lol

I was reading the Herald Sun today and all they had was negative criticism about him and even the Editorial was all about "You should be ashamed yada yada". ah, lol

well it's not about football so I'm surprised that they're even interested

well it's not about football so I'm surprised that they're even interested

Everytime they start the new footy season, it's always overshadowed by the GP. The GP happens to overshadow everything we have going on that week: Round 1 AFL, International Flower and Garden Show, Comedy Festival. They take an interest into the GP and then once it's all over, they're pissed off that the taxpayers' money is wasted on it.

I agree with Whitmarsh when they say this incident was blow completely out of proportion. Then again I'm not at all surprised when people are so quick to pass judgement acting like they themselves are absolute saints. Sure it was reckless and he might have been endangering the safety of others judging by the rather congested traffic in that video, but I wouldn't have any other person, save for any other credible race car driver, behind the wheel of that car for such behavior. Better a former World Champion than some random hooligan.

Oh well. Hamilton sure is getting used to apologizing for anything and everything though.

Funny you should mention that. Here in Ontario, Canada if you get caught doing anything like that, it is called stunt driving. License suspended for 7 days, car impounded for 7 days, and a fine of up to $2000 CDN. Australia a nanny state? Think again. Spin the wheels for a split second and you get nailed for stunt driving. This law was meant to curb anybody speeding over 50 km/h but the police pretty much take anything that depicts having fun with a car.

here down under I think we'll impound the vehicle for 28 days... and yes, your car will get impounded for a full four weeks for spinning the wheels for a spilt second too, but luckily if I remembered correctly not the license so at least you get to drive another car around during that period and hopfully not do something stupid during it.
but well it wasn't really his Merc... XD

Lewis was smoking the tyres for the fans (which probably wasn't a particularly good idea), and he's getting grilled for it... But next time people complain F1 drivers are too cool or whatever, think twice again about what happened last time someone was doing something "fun"... lol