Hammond In Car Crash - (Now Moved from Leeds 28/09)

"there is still a long way to go"

im sure hell make a speedy recovery...
he never does anything slow ;)

but on a more serious note, i think it would be a nice gesture to send him some kind of get-well present from final gear and its members...
to show that we all care... even the ones that dont like TG (dont get me wrong... i love it)

Jacobfox said:
I hope it doesn't affect the start of the series, but who knows.
I really hope this doesn't inconvenience you that much. :roll:

Congrats, that is the single most selfish statement I have read in quite a while. :thumbsdown:

Off topic, but Mr. Flappy Paddles: your sig is too wide on 1024 x 768 res. It breaks the tables.

Shit..

Now this is a big shock. It seems alot of famous people have been dying, and I hope Richard is fine! Even though i'm not relgious, i'll be praying for him.

biddy said:
( here is the problem with being a girl - we are all emotional so i have been blubbing like a baby .... man ... *think car thoughts CAR THOUGHTS* ) :bangin:

Same, same Biddy!

The latest from GMTV & the BBC is that it may have been a tyre blow out.

We should probably update the thread title to reflect his being upgraded to "Stable" condition.

Jezzabelle said:
biddy said:
( here is the problem with being a girl - we are all emotional so i have been blubbing like a baby .... man ... *think car thoughts CAR THOUGHTS* ) :bangin:

Same, same Biddy!

The latest from GMTV & the BBC is that it may have been a tyre blow out.

I wouldn't think they'd use pneumatic tires on cars like that for this very reason.

Blind_Io said:
I wouldn't think they'd use pneumatic tires on cars like that for this very reason.

Most LSR cars that dont run at places like Bonneville etc run pneumatic tyres. Albeit tyres that are rated for the speeds they are doing.

jeffy777 said:
Off topic, but Mr. Flappy Paddles: your sig is too wide on 1024 x 768 res. It breaks the tables.

1024 x 768 res Yep, I remember my first computer back in 1982. I didn't know people still used them. :p j/k

apple_IIc_monitor.jpg

I hope this is better. It's 600 wide.

Made In the USA said:
Jacobfox said:

Congrats, that is the single most selfish statement I have read in quite a while. :thumbsdown:

Um... no. That is the single biggest exaggeration I have read in quite a while. :thumbsdown:

EDIT: And also best wishes to Hammond!

Best wishes to Richard and his entire family... I have every confidence that he will emerge faster, stronger, and crazier than ever.

From what I have read, when he pulled from the wreck, it was said he pionting to the areas where he was in pain. At the hospital, they are reporting he is in stable condition. Im shure and hope he will ok. Haveing gone through last year, my thrown from a golf cart, suffering a head injury, and a year later, he getting around ok. I belive richard will be too. :)

jimp7 said:
From what I have read, when he pulled from the wreck, it was said he pionting to the areas where he was in pain. At the hospital, they are reporting he is in stable condition. Im shure and hope he will ok. Haveing gone through last year, my thrown from a golf cart, suffering a head injury, and a year later, he getting around ok. I belive richard will be too. :)

Do you have a source for that says he was pointing around, because I checked bbc and it didn't say anything about that.

West said:
Made In the USA said:
Jacobfox said:

Um... no. That is the single biggest exaggeration I have read in quite a while. :thumbsdown:

EDIT: And also best wishes to Hammond!
Come on, the man is in the hospital and the first thing he writes is "I hope it doesn't affect the start of the series" as if its all about him watching the series on time. Maybe it would have been better is I said that that is one of the most "insensitive comments..."

And I hate to say it, but I have had a loved one with physical injuries who was downgraded from "stable condition," so I am sorry if you feel the way you do, because I have good reason to feel the way I do.

I support the Card/basket/xbox 360 idea. I would be willing to give a few bucks. He'll he and Top Gear have given me so many hours of entertainment, and me not being a british citizen I haven't paid a cent to watch the show.

i can't believe this, i was just a few feet away from him at a land rover show the other week. i heard the crash was caused by the parachute. i've also seen the car at an aircraft show before, i might have a photo somewhere.

best wishes from a fellow car and land rover fan! get well soon!