Hammond In Car Crash - (Now Moved from Leeds 28/09)

Wow 8 pages in 5 hours.
I hope the Hamster gets better.
Wouldnt be interesting if Hammond gets back on Top Gear, and he says "thanks for all the support finalgear.com"

We should make a coordinated effort of some sort to let hamster (or at least his family) know we're all pulling for him.

Petition? Newspaper ads? any ideas?

I wonder if Jeremy will do his, "So... If you'd like a job on TopGear, write to, I'd like to replace the Hamster at..." joke again.

Anyway, I hope he makes it alright and pulls through without any permanent injuries. :(

I hope not, that's just in bad taste now.

Jacobfox said:
We should make a coordinated effort of some sort to let hamster (or at least his family) know we're all pulling for him.

I think we should at least send him a card or something.

I think a card that says "Don't worry - Chicks dig scars!" or something would be good.

Come to think of it, this whole ordeal reminds me of a quote I heard once.

"If you, at any time, find yourself upside down and on fire, you've probably found the meaning of too fast."

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Jacobfox said:

I think we should at least send him a card or something.

Yes, I think we should definitely do this.
A card, a gift basket, something along those lines.

We need someone in the UK (that we trust) that can put this together.

:(

Where is he hospitalized?
We'd need one of our UK or Eire forum members to do it and we could reimburse them.

Whichever forum veteran is the closest could do it.

Hope Hampster has full, speedy recovery :cry:

The best news as someone already mentioned is no fire.....Though I'm glad that he is now in "stable," there is still cause for concern as we don't know the extent of injuries.

Plenty people here praying for his recovery...

definitely NOT what I wanted to hear after a tough day

America is praying for you Hammond!

Just wikipedia'd it, he's at Leeds General Infirmary.

Who's closest to leeds?

Jacobfox said:
Where is he hospitalized?
We'd need one of our UK or Eire forum members to do it and we could reimburse them.

Whichever forum veteran is the closest could do it.

I PM'd Overheat, he lives in the UK.

I was just looking through the British and american news channels (trying to see our revolution from their perspective) when I suddenly heard Hammond's name. Best wishes to him.
Lower back pain... doesn't sound good. If his spine is damaged, it could be anything from a minor pain to complete immobility. :eek:

If we are to send a letter to him (with a couple sentences from everyone), I think we should include a national flag next to each poster, which would probably help in making Hammond and others realise how widespread TG fans are.

This is AWFUL news. :cry: I hope he is going to be all right. I'm sure EVERYONE on FinalGear is rooting for him.

Well it seems he is stable according to what I've read. I hope he's good to go for the next series. Knowing the hosts, they're definitely going to make a few jokes about this whole thing (If Hammond is back to his old self).