Hammond In Car Crash - (Now Moved from Leeds 28/09)

XLR8 said:
I couldnt believe it when i woke up to this news. I hope Hammond gets well very soon

All the Aussie fans of Topgear wish you well mate

Agreed, was a big shock, but hopefully he's OK.

Get well soon Hamster!

(think of it this way, the fact that he's short would have worked in his favour then)

Get well soon Richard!

I just hope his brain isn't too badly damaged, otherwise he'll start acting like Jeremy! Isn't that a scarey idea!

What a sad day....still when he's back to his old self, its going to be a great episode on Topgear (well if he's O.K with it!)

I've been a lurker here for a while. But this has caused me to come out of the woodworks.

If you guys are serious about the gift/basket thing...we should see if we can get the site admin to put up a small paypal account or something and we'll arrange for it all at leeds or wherever hammond is.

I know I'll put in a few bucks.

i think the card idea is great - as is the idea to put a flag of where we are from up ( i am in Edmonton Canada )

Iwas thinking though - instead of sending gifts etc maybe we could try to find a charity tht he supports or in his community and donate in his name .... it jsut seems like if we send anything it wont really get to him ..... i dont know though i dont know if he does support any but its an idea - either way i am in!

( I actually got a call from my boyfriend at work to let me know about the accident :S we were actually going to london next week and he was going to take me to a book signing of Richards and i was trying to get Him and his familly tickets to a taping ........ all rather strange .... )

anyways my prayers for what they are worth are with his wife, children and Jeremy and James - all those who are close to him.

otaking71 said:
I've been a lurker here for a while. But this has come me to come out of the woodworks.

If you guys are serious about the gift/basket thing...we should see if we can get the site admin to put up a small paypal account or something and we'll arrange for it all at leeds or wherever hammond is.

I second that.

i finished my post too soon. Anyways..I wish the best for hammond and will stay glued to this thread.

Oh man, I hope he'll be fine. What a rotten thing. I love that little guy. And after all the stunts they've faked (that caravan bit was hilarious, but completely unbelievable. Well, I was fooled the first time I watched it, but not the second), why couldn't they have fudged this one?

On the plus side, if he walks out of the hospital happy and healthy, he'll never have to take any crap from Clarkson again. As in, "Alright pal, which of us has survived a crash at 280 mph? Eh?"

otaking71 said:
I've been a lurker here for a while. But this has caused me to come out of the woodworks.

count me in for that too

I'm another frequent lurker who is moved by this sad news. I think the idea of a card with a note from everyone is a great idea.

Dubbedinenglish said:
otaking71 said:

count me in for that too

+1

Can we get a longtime UK member set it up - Overheat maybe?

Ok, here's what we should do. Overheat should set up a paypal account or something. We all chip in a few bucks and he takes the proceeds and buys a fruit basket or maybe something similar and delivers it to leeds general.

We maybe should buy him a tooth whitening kit as a joke, and have overheat write a card on behalf of our site.

So...these 9 pages have been confusing?

Is he stable? Awake? Unconciouess...unoconchiousss..?

I think I should go to sleep , I am haveing some spelling issues.

i would definatly put in for a card and basket - a paypal set up would be great!

( sorry i should add i have been a lurker on here for a whille .... sad to say these are my first posts though )

Glad to hear he's in stable condition, hopefully there's no permanent injury. :(

I just had an additional idea. If he's gonna be in hospital for a while, a great gift would be a 360. If everyone chips in like 2 or 3 bucks, we could probably get him a giftbasket, a 360 and testdrive unlimited, with a note to join our FG.com car club. I've had friends who've undergone surgery lately (one for a herniated disk and one for a broken cheekbone and orbital ridge) and they say that their 360's have been life savers.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
+1

Can we get a longtime UK member set it up - Overheat maybe?

I sent a PM to Overheat a little while ago, just waiting for a response. He lives in Bradford, which is 10 minutes from Leeds where Richard is beaing treated.

Maybe Viper could set up a Paypal account or something - I'm all for sending him a card full of our best wishes, but I'm not well-versed in Paypal stuff.

Come to think of it, I'll start a new thread for what people want put in the card.

Had to sign in for this, I'm in for any cards/gift basket/ whatever. Get well soon Hampster!

The gift basket/Xbox is a brilliant idea, count me in.