Hammond In Car Crash - (Now Moved from Leeds 28/09)

I hope his condition continues to improve.

Will this have any effect on the start of Top Gear? (Sorry, if this has already been asked; I haven't read the whole thread.)

I hope it doesn't affect the start of the series, but who knows.
If hamster can survive that crash in the suzuki every carry shitbox, he can survive this one.

just heard on radio 5 online that his wife and clarkson are at the hospital with him - his health is "stable" now

i think there will be in inquiry into what went wrong as apparently all precautions were taken ( so hopefully his head is ok )

anyways .... just an update i suppose

Captain slow must be on his way, holding up traffic all the way up the M1.

Ive been a "lurker" for a while now but i just had to say something. i really hope he has a speedy recovery.

Jacobfox said:
Captain slow must be on his way, holding up traffic all the way up the M1.

ha or he got lost ...

*sorry i know not the time to crack jokes ...but ...*

wasn't joking

Count me in for any gift basket/whatever else the collective minds of FinalGear wing together.

there are a couple of different reports out .... one from the sun ( or the scum :S ) sais that the roll cage of the car was still intact and his helmet and harness still on ....

so thats a good sign ....

I, too wish Richard a speedy and complete recovery. Top Gear wouldn't be the same without you mate!

i'm a bit of a lurker in these parts, but this one will bring me out!

heard about the news this morning and have been reading as many reports as i can find. Hamster, so sorry to hear about it mate. Hope you make a speedy recovery and are back to your funny self soon!

as a side note, it's making news even in Oz... went to a paper "The Age" and it is the second most read story. on the Sydney Morning Herald it has a large picture.... it's funny how many top gear fans there are out there!

Get well soon Hamster!

ringo

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery and hope to see him the butt of many more jokes on topgear! (lol)

TV will be worse off without him part of the TG team should anything happen!

alright guys i am off to bed - if you guys can keep up updated on his progress that would be great - i really only have sites like this to keep my updated.

( here is the problem with being a girl - we are all emotional so i have been blubbing like a baby .... man ... *think car thoughts CAR THOUGHTS* ) :bangin:

Sad to hear Hammond is hurt, hoping for a good recovery.
Best of wishes.

Good thing he is stable now. I will pitch in if we can get a basket together.

second statment ... from bbc radio 5

slight improvememnt - in neurological ward ... still serious though

its the "nerological ward" thing that is really scary :S