Hammond incorrectly identified Shelby Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand why everyone is so up in arms over this. I am a noob and I didn't realize I was putting this in the wrong place, I'm really sorry for that and I'll try to keep it from happening again. Beyond all that, I wanted to make it clear that the car shown was not what it was stated to be, and to add to that the fact that the GT-500 is not an actual Shelby (it merely has Shelby written on it).

I did not post this to make a slam at Top Gear, or to say that this is a reason to dislike it. It's not ruining the show to point something out about it, that concept is insane. If I told you that your zipper was down, would you be upset over that too? Top Gear is a great show, 10X10 was a great episode, and I don't see why pointing out a minor mistake is a reason for anyone to become enraged and angry.

Well it just goes to show you how horrible they are, they couldnt get a better place in britcar with their souped-up M3?...Get the point?
Wow, you really don't belong here, do you?

1) this is a Top Gear (and Fifth Gear) fan site, talking shit about them won't do you any good
2) talking misinformed and erroneous shit will get you even less. they had a 330i diesel and they crashed. At night.

What the team did was nothing more then commendable. Neither of them had ever taken part in anything but a charity race, let alone a 24 hour endurance race.

Fucking trolls... :rolleyes:

Wow, you really don't belong here, do you?

1) this is a Top Gear (and Fifth Gear) fan site, talking shit about them won't do you any good
2) talking misinformed and erroneous shit will get you even less. they had a 330i diesel and they crashed. At night.

What the team did was nothing more then commendable. Neither of them had ever taken part in anything but a charity race, let alone a 24 hour endurance race.

Fucking trolls... :rolleyes:

*sigh* i hate having to break things down for people, but here goes:

I was making a point that saying it was a GT500 and comparing its performance is like saying they had an M3 at britcar, when in reality they had an inferior version, Get it now champ?

Not trying to make a troll, i'm making a point that seems to have gone over a few heads.

I am forever seeing glitches on topgear, things such as windscreen wipers coming on during the SIARPC segment then magically turning off when the camera shot changes, but i dont make a new thread everytime i see it happen, which is more like every episode. Its things like that, that you just take into account, but dont mention.

just watched it again..... for fun..... yeah i think it was actually a gag rather than an accidental, got his wires crossed, error.

its the way he says "genuine"

A person spotted a mistake, wanted to see if anyone else saw this (and to probably check that he hadn't gone mad), and thought this forum would be the best place.

Strange attitude that some of the responses had; is it the holiday period doing something to people?

I really don't understand why everyone is so up in arms over this. I am a noob and I didn't realize I was putting this in the wrong place, I'm really sorry for that and I'll try to keep it from happening again. Beyond all that, I wanted to make it clear that the car shown was not what it was stated to be, and to add to that the fact that the GT-500 is not an actual Shelby (it merely has Shelby written on it).

I did not post this to make a slam at Top Gear, or to say that this is a reason to dislike it. It's not ruining the show to point something out about it, that concept is insane. If I told you that your zipper was down, would you be upset over that too? Top Gear is a great show, 10X10 was a great episode, and I don't see why pointing out a minor mistake is a reason for anyone to become enraged and angry.

dont worry mate, its just that most here are pretty sick of the little flame wars that burst out when TG mocks, disses or fibs about american cars, you guys are awfully touchy about the subject and seem to get well wound up by it.

it shows you are passionate and patriotic about your cars which is no bad thing, but its like a cartoon, every week TG sets the trap, and you lot fall for it every time. those who give the biggest reaction are always the most fun to wind up, and you lot seem to give the biggest reaction.

we have plenty of europeans on this board and they take the Mick and bad mouth their cars too, but most of them, germans especially, are too humourless to provoke a reaction from..... oh and the dutch, theyre too high to give a damn either way, and no one in the world cares about what the french think and they, seemingly, dont care just as much about us.

anytime JC n Co make cheap gags about americans on TG you can bet your bottom dollar some one here will make a thread moaning about what was said and go on at length about how what they said simply isnt true or is, to use a favorite final gear term, "ignorant".

you dont see any other nation doing it here do you? although admittedly you lot out number everyone else so the probability of a having a moaner is high

anyway its like they dont understand that its just banter and that we love you really.

What the fuck? Whoever unlocked this topic again better fucking stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.