Hammond Says Thanks For Helmet - In Writing! - Deserves New Thread

robybobey

Car(s)
2006 Astra 120bhp
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! and GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS!!!

I emailed Hammond last week, and I have a reply!!

Here goes:

"Hi James and, in fact, all at FinalGear.
It was great to meet you at thestudio and to have a chance to say thanks for the helmet - it was a touching and thoughtful gesture. When not on duty, it occupies pride of place in my office but the good news is that your creation will be making many, many appearances on Top Gear over the forthcoming series. I've now worn it with pride whilst filming five or six of the items to be featured over the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for it. It's kinda fun to pull it on and think of the same people who gave me it watching it in action on the TV. So thank you all, it was and is most appreciated and will be making many an appearance on Top Gear in the future and I shall think of you guys every time I wear it - though I shan't concentrate too hard on thinking about FinalGear, lest I make a mistake and we have a repeat of last year all over again and you guys will be stuck to think of something else to give me as a Get Well Soon present.

With grateful thanks,

Richard Hammond

Hamster"

God I am lucky!

I shall think of you guys every time I wear it - though I shan't concentrate too hard on thinking about FinalGear, lest I make a mistake and we have a repeat of last year all over again and you guys will be stuck to think of something else to give me as a Get Well Soon present.
:D

Richard - you are a gent.

Awww, isn't he sweet :D :D :D

So full of win it's almost physical.

really nice he replied, i'll look forward to seeing it on the show :D

What a great man. Doubt you'd get that kind of thing from Clarkson.

http://img233.imageshack.**/img233/4584/1189992971856cd3.jpg
Fantastic.

Wow, this is great from him! :)

What a sweet man he is! To be this humble and thankful when your the biggest star in the world (imo) is just great! It really shows that the Hammond on the show is the same Hammond you see in real life!

.. Now we just need May and Clarkson to get in accidents ;)

This is awesome :)

.. Now we just need May and Clarkson to get in accidents

Well....May?s largest chance of having an accident is getting beaten up by Clarkson :)

..wow