Hammond Says Thanks For Helmet - In Writing! - Deserves New Thread

I really wish I had the financial liquidity to donate to this wonderful gesture - kudos to everyone involved. Very cool that Mr. Hammond actually is using it as well - something I don't think many tv presenters would have the class to do!

Richard is the best, dude...

I'm glad he enjoyed the gift and is going to be featuring it (in a way) in the program. Looking forward to it.

You rock man!

(Clarkson voice) It's epic, this!

Great stuff.

I'm impressed that he makes an effort show some appreciation of his fans.

totally awesome, thumbs up to everyone involved in the helmet! :)

Hey guys. I'm relativly new here and I wasn't arround whne the whole thing happened. but I'm just windering how you got the helmet the right size?

We (and by we i mean they, cause i was unfortunatelly late for it all) guesstimated.

Hey guys. I'm relativly new here and I wasn't arround whne the whole thing happened. but I'm just windering how you got the helmet the right size?

We (and by we i mean they, cause i was unfortunatelly late for it all) guesstimated.

I thought someone who worked @ the BBC here was able to get the size?

As IceBone said - it was a guess. Crunch time came and the order had to be placed, so a Medium was ordered.

Turns out it was a pretty good guess.

Last edited:
Brilliant. Fantastic news.

*Andy- when you get round to reading these. tell Richard thanks!*

If May and Clarkson crashed and we had to send them helmets, what would their designs be?

I think Jeremy's would have a theme of POWER!!! but I dont know about James

there'd have to be "oh, cock!" on it somewhere :lol:

So down to earth this guy

So down to earth this guy

Saw Richard at his book signing in Dublin last week, along with many hundreds of other eager to meet him fans. I shook his hand - he has a very firm handshake - and stood in awe as he lit up the room with his sense of humour and bright eyes. A really amazing guy ! I forgot to get Mindy to sign it too though.

Something I helped make was seen by millions of people, and most importantly appreciated by one. I'm in a torrential vortex of unfathomable ecstacy bliss and pride.

Apparently- (I missed it due to being otherwise engaged) the last 5 minutes of last night's TG (The Bugatti Vs the fighter plane challenge) Richard was wearing the helmet.
I haven't seen any other thread about this yet, apologies if it has been mentioned elsewhere- the drugs to kill the sore throat & head cold i have are messing with my brain.
I am waiting for a screencap- will let you know when i get it.