Hammond To Leave Topgear? [Total BS, Was A Joke]

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
I just heard this on the radio that apparently one of the 3 presenters is to leave next year, and according to someone who went to a shooting, going by body language it is most likely to be the Hamster.

No written evidence yet but I'm looking...

Update by Viper:

Clarkson was on Radio 2 today and apparently said it was all a joke

As I said earlier!

Last edited by a moderator:
If he ever leaves Top Gear it's due to the smell of money. I would still watch TG if only JC and JM presented it - their personalities balances out very nicely.

Last edited:
Didn't Hammond just recently sign a contract? (Perhaps not long term.)

Bad news, this. Boo-urns.

Didn't Hammond just recently sign a contract? (Perhaps not long term.)

Bad new, this. Boo-urns.

Yes, at BBC Radio 2. It wouldn't affect his TG job though. I don't think so anyway.

Or it could be that someone has put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5
I heard from someone who went to filming yesterday thet they were joking that it was James' last show as he had a doctors appointment and wouldn't say why. There is always talk about the show ending or someone leaving I will believe it only when it happens.

No big tragedy if its true, there are plenty of talented people behind top gear that could step right up to the plate and do just as well, lets not get too attached to the current 3 guys, because we all know they are going to break up eventually.

(Cept james may, its just not TG without may, i've never even bothered to watch series 1 :D)

I just heard this on the radio that apparently one of the 3 presenters is to leave next year, and according to someone who went to a shooting, going by body language it is most likely to be the Hamster.

No written evidence yet but I'm looking...

The vagueness of this is really quite impressive. Remember the words of the wise Wilman: 'those three or nobody' (or something like that).

^ I agree.

For everyone: Once the show finishes at 7:00pm, I will go back and record the comment involved.

I didn't realize so many people were anti-Ford. <_<

If he ever leaves Top Gear it's due to the smell of money. I would still watch TG if only JC and JM presented it - their personalities balances out very nicely.

Agree with you here, I'd still continue watching. Jezza and Captain Slow are irreplacable IMHO.

Though Tom Ford is simply not funny, he's annoying and defo isn't a suitable replacement.

Wow, this thread actually made me realize: Hammond is clearly the most replaceable member of the top gear team! o_O

He does add quite a bit of the content that has turned the show into more of an entertainment show involving cars. I don't think anyone of the three is replaceable.

Clarkson IS Top Gear, so w/o him there is no show
May is the anti-Clarkson, so he has to stay
Hamster is like Clarkson little brother, Clarkson teases him and he and Clarkson team up on May. I would agree that Hammond is the most replaceable of the trio.

How about Sabine as the replacement? :wicked:

If Hamster does leave, I want to see his lap time in the Lacetti.

Don't get me wrong: I like Hammond, a lot.

But, when I watched the "Clarkson Supercar Shootout" (or, whatever it was called) DVD, I couldn't help but think, "Sabine could be a presenter!"

Watching her go around the track with The Stig, I think she could certainly step up as a regular presenter. THGL, thanks for mentioning that!

MJ