Hammond's book "On the Edge"

I got this book for christmas and just recently finished it, and it was a brilliant book!
it was an amazing read with all the emotion and confusion he went through.
I particulary loved the middle section of the book which his wife wrote, to read it from her point of view was just amazing!

There was a line that made me laugh out loud, which was soo typical of Jeremy, when he first visited Richard in Hospital, he whispered to richard: "your a shit driver mate"
:lol:

Ditto very good read.. Even read it on the train/tram on the way to and from work (Melbourne CBD), but nobody commented on it :cry:

me waiting for the torrent too (I couldn't find it anywhere in India)

Got for christmas as well! It's a really good read and gives us an insight into Richard's background. For me the best part was when Mindy takes over the story of Richard's recovery as it it very well written and you can really get a sense of Mindy's state of mind and how she coped.

Also you find out that Top Gear behaves as one big family and how they all pull together in a crisis.

If you haven't read it then do!!!

There was also mention of Hammond/Clarkson joint family vacations (apparently their kids get along famously) and that Jeremy left a big dinner as soon as he got the call, and they called Mindy while she was on her way to the hospital.

They really are a big family. The book (and audio) are totally worth it!

Ditto very good read.. Even read it on the train/tram on the way to and from work (Melbourne CBD), but nobody commented on it :cry:

hehe, yeh thats what i did! read it on the train to and from work to the CBD! i havent seen anyone else on the train reading it yet though.

And yes, Jeremy left a Dinner party as soon as he found out to come to the hosipital

no torrent unless someone decides to publish it as an ebook. bought the book myself. good read, but shorter than you might expect.

It's been released as download to buy, so it's torrentable- just wish someone would!

I've just ordered the book, can't wait to get it :D

I got the book in January, haven't really read it yet as I've been a bit busy :(

ON THE EDGE

ON THE EDGE

Well I think I am going to upset a few people.....but I thought the book was only ok.
I would have prefered just Hammond writing the book rather than mindy sharing it.
I did not really like the two parts at the same time style of writing.A very moving story but I thought it could have been better written.Sorry folks!........

If hammond wrote the whole book there would have been 100 pages of blank in the middle!