Hammond's helmet - HE HAS IT!!!!

Work has been kicking my ass and I come back on and HE HAS IT!

Everyone who was part of it, kudos. Wish I had been around to contribute, but everyone who did should be proud.

You guys are Legends. Well done.

didn't think Hamster would pull something like that.. <_<

Well, if he's got to go to a meeting, he's got to go to a meeting! :lol:

Well, if he's got to go to a meeting, he's got to go to a meeting! :lol:

Yeah :)

Lets run some numbers. Say 600 members of the public are at the filming and say 300 of those people want the Hamsters autograph. Say if takes 30 seconds to say "Hello, etc" and sign his name. That's 300 * 0.5 mins which is 150 mins. 2.5 Hours *just* to deal with the public at a filming for a charity event.

Was he there for a filming or was he there for an autograph signing session ?

Maybe he really had to go to a meeting, or had to do another thing for charity, or maybe he wanted to spend some time with his wife and kids... Who knows ? Who cares ?

Another probable explanation, robybobey looked like a stalker ? So Mr Prost264 you going to judge Mr. Hammonds character on the words of a stalker ?

:D

No. I am judging based on experiences with dozens of athletes and "personalities" also giving the "I have a meeting to go to" line.

btw HaggisHill is definitely Hammond. Without a doubt. :nod: Sorry to question your integrity Mr. Hammond.

I finally get in direct contact with one of the TG boys and I'm calling him a prick, crap.

Last edited:
:w00t:

Awesome work, guys!! An effort that is so cool, it's too cool even for the DB9 Fridge!

didn't think Hamster would pull something like that.. <_<

I seem to remember from the multiple reports I read the filming ran over by more than an hour and all three were giving the excuse that they had to get to a meeting afterwards. Someone even mentioned they left together in a BBC car to get back to London.

Another probable explanation, robybobey looked like a stalker ? So Mr Prost264 you going to judge Mr. Hammonds character on the words of a stalker ?

:D

yeah haggishill im a stalker:bangin: ............just because i want an autograph off hammond.

clarkson and may also went in for the meeting, but hammond was the nearest to me at the time when the top gear band had finished so i asked him, i have been through all this in my TGOTP thread.

i dont want hammonds address or anything for gods sake, i just want a genuine address of were i can send a letter and he will receive it thats all.

pfft, some people..........

oh yeah, and as if he was going to go to a charity event at midnight....?

i have just recalled what happened when i went to watch top gear, and the events afterwards, dont judge or accuse me of being a bloody stalker, just because i want an autograph off him - im 17 years old for crying out loud

AAARRGGHH :mad:

Last edited:
If you were by the stage at the end of the TGOTP recording I think it was pretty obvious that Hammond had had enough for one night and needed to get off that stage and out of the hanger. It was also clear that it wasn't the time to ask for autographs and if you hadn't got one by then you'd missed your chance; the filming had run over, there had been no real break all evening and Hammond had signed quite a number of autographs during the filming. I don't recall Hammond saying he had to go to a meeting but I did hear Clarkson say to someone, 'If you've got a pen I'll sign it,' which made me smile as the poor person obviously didn't have a pen as Clarkson carried on striaght to the door. Always have a pen! Always! May and Clarkson hurried off and Hammond stayed a few moments longer but mainly because he got caught at the front of the stage by a few fans. Even outside he was surrounded again and security moved the fans on at that point.
Anyway, off topic, so- well done everyone involved in this project. It's a great gesture and I'm sure will be very much appreciated.

aahhh so you were there too then? aaahh well, he must have only signed 10 autographs in the end if that, leaving me and a good few hundred other people unhappy.

And yeah, hammond said that, and he was being shoved by the TG team to get back into the production office. i even contemplated waiting for one of them to come back out, but i figured that they would be a while.

i do have proof, incase your wondering, although it is'nt very clear

http://img300.imageshack.**/img300/3640/photojjj0008se8.jpg

he could have easily spent an extra 10 seconds signing an autograph for me, but like i said, one guy from the TG was shoving him along.

anyway, i just want fbc to answer my question thats all :D

Last edited:
Guys I'm pretty sure I know what that meeting was about - and yes it was a very important one that the guys had to get to. I know it sucks that they had to be rushed away, but they had to draw a line somewhere or else they'd never have been able to leave.

As for the address - I'm not going to say where I sent it. The address was provided to me to use for the helmet, and out of respect for those who passed it on I won't be mentioning it.

As for the address - I'm not going to say where I sent it. The address was provided to me to use for the helmet, and out of respect for those who passed it on I won't be mentioning it.

Here Here!! :thumbsup:

robybobey you could use the proper TG address which the last of the multiple times they've read it out matched the Programme one they also publicly list in the magazine.

Top Gear programme
BBC White City
201 Wood Lane
London
W12 7TS

but like i said, one guy from the TG was shoving him along.
That 'guy' was Andy Wilman.

he must have only signed 10 autographs in the end if that, leaving me and a good few hundred other people unhappy.

So you didn't enjoy the actual show then? I left very happy indeed. The sight of Clarkson desperately trying to keep time with the guitarist mouthing the beat to him deserves its own DVD!
All I can say is that I'm surprised Hammond hung around for even one autograph. It was so obvious he'd had enough by that stage. I didn't get a pic or an autograph but I was lucky enough to get a few minutes chat with him earlier. May requested that people didn't ask for autographs until the break but they just didn't have time for one. This was a one-off recording unlike TG eps where time for autographs is allowed.
And now I shall really go as this is so off topic it's not true!

people collecting autographs realy should get a life

Its funny hearing people on here trying to get the direct address or complaining that they didnt get an autograph.

If you have a pen, I'll write down the address for you and sign it aswell!! :lol:

coupdepam,

that wasnt andy that was pushing him along, it was some guy with long black hair, andy has short greyish hair.

and yes i did enjoy it, just came out a bit disappointed thats all

yes hondaf1, its also funny to watch people trying to act as mods as well

and bone, i dont collect autographs, i havent got one to be honest, but i just wanted something to take home to remember :)

and also, fbc, i understand, thanks for replying! :) i'll just send a letter to the TG office at dunsfold park

Last edited: