Hammond: Hammond's New CBBC Science Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboyG

Car(s)
911(996) and BMW 330i (aka Crap!)
Applause Store are sending out invites for tickets for Hammond's Science show for CBBC

A more mature version of Brainiac perhaps :) For 7 year olds.

Perhaps the die hard FG crew can 'invade' dressed in baby costumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am already waiting for Jeremy's jokes about this. :lol:But CBBC?? Surely that's a bit below Hammond's pay grade.

I was invited to be in the audience, but its nowhere near good enough to justify a Space A flight + hotel to England

Might have to apply for tickets - my eldest is 7 and she loves TG.

I am already waiting for Jeremy's jokes about this. :lol:But CBBC?? Surely that's a bit below Hammond's pay grade.

CBBC actually gets a fairly big budget for a childrens network and (I have a seven year old) makes some pretty good programmes.

But this won't just be on CBBC it will also, I expect given the high profile, also be on CBBC One - which is the after school programme strand (3.30-5 Monday to Friday) on BBC One.

So, although branded a CBBC show - it will be part funded by BBC One and its budget.

Plus as Childrens is an essential public service requirement, as is science and nature, I imagine this would also have cross financing from other departments on the grounds that it is 'core public service content'.

CBBC actually gets a fairly big budget for a childrens network and (I have a seven year old) makes some pretty good programmes.

But this won't just be on CBBC it will also, I expect given the high profile, also be on CBBC One - which is the after school programme strand (3.30-5 Monday to Friday) on BBC One.

So, although branded a CBBC show - it will be part funded by BBC One and its budget.

Plus as Childrens is an essential public service requirement, as is science and nature, I imagine this would also have cross financing from other departments on the grounds that it is 'core public service content'.

Isn't there also a CBBC program on Saturday morning on BBC one?
Being on BBC One I would expect the show to be highly funded, but some CBBC shows are just plainly stupid, even for 6-year olds. I hope this show doesn't go that far.

Wow, a lot of you have 7 years olds.

I wonder if I could pass as one, I'm pretty small. LOL

I've heard about it already, apparently they might make parents wait outside.

Parents have to wait in the green room & watch it on a screen. They say you'll have refreshments on the phone; implying enough caffeine to make you shake all arvo. Then you read the ticket sheet & it says 'able to purchase refreshments'. Great. <_< I'm still debating whether to bother going as I don't fancy making my daughter wait hours just to try & get in. These tickets are just an invite, not a guarantee. We've already been turned away from a programme this week after traveling all the way to Elstree. I thought it was gonna be bad enough when I got the ticket in the 1st place but what with them emailing all & sundry over the past coupla days heaven knows how many tickets they're giving out compared to spaces they have.

Perhaps the die hard FG crew can 'invade' dressed in baby costumes.

Jimmy from the Krankies never had that problem! Now that's one of the suggestions .... :wicked:

(for some people who does not know what the hell Im talking about, look up in google and type in 'The Krankies' so you'll get my drift)

My 'normal' tickets for this show today were cancelled yesterday. They stated health & safety to me & also to a friend who tried to go to the shows yesterday & was turned away. I don't believe them. I think they messed up big time & hope not too many kids were upset. Luckily said friend has been a godsend & has a priority ticket for my daughter this Saturday. They did offer me normal tickets for other shows but they're gonna be just as packed, I'm sure. AS are a pain in the behind.

Well that sucks. Why do venues always give out so many tickets if they know most people will just be turned away?

Applause Store said:
Richard Hammond's Blast Lab is based in the surreal, and fictional, world of Hammond's top secret underground laboratory, and each show the studio audience will come and support two teams of contestants, who will carry out a series of amazing experiments and messy challenges!!!
There was a show in Estonia teaching kids how to play football. It was hosted by this rather short player and all the participants had to be shorter than him.

I wonder if the contestants here will be chosen on the same basis :D

Estonia - you have been too 'matey' with Russia for too long, obviously - become friends with the Finns immediately!

Went to this with my 2 kids today. Be prepared for a long session as parents wait in a holding area for the 6 hours or so that the kids are in (to make a 30 min show!). There's a Starbucks concession for you to *buy* refreshments, or you can leave and go elsewhere if you want (which surprised me). There's a live feed from the studio so you can watch the goings on.

Audience numbers are around 40, so it's fantastically intimate, and they all seemed to get to chat with Hamster a few times during the afternoon and will hardly be difficult to spot on TV with so few people there.

Yes, they overbook, and yes you have to be there suitably early, but that's the deal with all the free TV recordings. Why do these shows overbook? Simple - plenty of people won't turn up, especially as they've paid nothing, but the producers need to fill the audience seats, and it looks rubbish to have empty seats. I too was turned away from Elstree the other week ("Are you smarter than a 10 year old") but took it on the chin and went back on Tue to another recording, but got there a little earlier. Bit tough telling your kids that you're going home when you don't get in, though.

I'd recommend going, but make sure you get there early! Our researcher told me they turned away some 30 people this morning! Not so many this afternoon, but still a few - though they did cut the timing well too fine... At least in central London you can go and do something else instead.

Estonia - you have been too 'matey' with Russia for too long, obviously - become friends with the Finns immediately!

We do not fratenise with Russia in any way.

But looking at the bigger picture, we have Russia, Latvia and Finland around us. HOW CAN WE WIN?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.