Hammond's new project for 2013

Er, well I did think that the voice UK would be C*** and was wrong - but no I don't think even Richard can make this idea fly.

I like hidden camera shows but this will be cringe worthy.

As much as I like Hammond, I don't understand why he gets offered to present these low brow imported reality shows. I couldn't even watch it the American version of it, it seems like another in a very long line of candid camera programs. It's the same problem I had with Total Wipeout, I watched a couple of episodes, and couldn't be bothered to watch the rest. It is the same thing over and over again and it really isn't very funny.

Hammond would be better off presenting the one off documentaries he used to do.

With you all on that one. So much so that when he tweeted about this new show I couldn't resist a reply.

@thehamsterscage Christ, who died and made YOU Jeremy Beadle????? Oh, yeah, Jeremy Beadle died. Seems the lame genre didn't die with him.

I have to agree. I loved his Engineering Connections, but this one looks like I'll pass.

Sorry Richard.

He'll probably present it from a TV studio in Portugal.

No, I wasn't looking forward to this either as I hate prank shows, but as time has gone on the requests coming out from Endemol on Twitter have shown quite a broad scope to the series and Richard has said that there is going to be a 'feel-good' factor to many of the set-ups so perhaps it won't be as bad as it first sounded. The Secret Service film crews have been out and about doing things while Richard has been in the States, so it appears that his involvement may be more akin to the Brainiac model, where he may be present at some of the bigger 'set-ups' (possibly for the reveal) but a lot of the time he will be in voice-over.

With you all on that one. So much so that when he tweeted about this new show I couldn't resist a reply.

Any response?

BBC One is joining the fray of hidden camera shows, with the corporation confirming that its contribution to the crowded genre, Richard Hammond?s Secret Service, will air this Christmas.

The hugely original premise is that his team of ?secret agents? ? aka actors and comedians ? trick the public into believing something utterly ridiculous is going on while being secretly filmed.

Pranks over the six-part series including daubing a giant piece of street-art graffiti on the side of someone?s house. Hammond said the series would feature ?some of the most hilarious and elaborate stunts I have ever seen?.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2012/10/30/16427/yes,_its_another_hidden_camera_show...

Damn, that's barely recognizable as Richard Hammond.

They must be struggling for audience members. I've had at least 6 emails from Applause Store suggesting that I "apply" for tickets.

:roflmao:

They must be struggling for audience members. I've had at least 6 emails from Applause Store suggesting that I "apply" for tickets.

They originally issued tickets for those three sessions and then added 3 other sessions at a later date which was why later emails came out. Reports from filming were generally favourable.
The first episode airs this Saturday 5th January at 6.30pm on BBC1.

Last edited:
Prank shows have a bad rep just now, but rest assured, there are no Australian radio hosts involved here. What we have is a lightweight, family-friendly Candid Camera-style show, but with Richard Hammond in charge.

The best prank tonight involves 22-year-old Tasha convincing her parents that her new boyfriend is a prince in the Malvanian royal family (although Malvania, ?a principality in the Carpathian mountains?, does not exist, as Hammond is obliged to tell us several times). Tasha?s parents then meet the boyfriend?s family and Borat-lite excruciation ensues as they try a yak?s urine drink and ceremonial hats made of turf.

ABOUT THIS PROGRAMME
1/6. New series. Richard Hammond hosts a hidden-camera show in which he and a team of actors and comedians complete missions on behalf of the public, playing pranks, getting back at friends or attempting to impress others. Maximum embarrassment is the objective - and it's all caught on film for the entertainment of the viewing nation. In the first programme, the Secret Service convinces a family their daughter is marrying into a royal family, one lad gets stuck in a lift with the passenger from hell and a group of kids watch a teddy bear come to life.

Hammonds shows are pretty crappy in general, he just doesn't have the showmanship imo, other than Bloody Omaha, i've enjoyed nothing of his antics outside TG, May does science, Jeremy does cars and blows shit up, Hammond seems to jump on anything, old age brings more wisdom i guess

Hamster really didn't need this. He can do much better comedy shows or documentaries with lets say comedic influence.