Hamster's Helmet - the next steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
I figured a new thread would be best for this discussion, and get more attention than bumping the existing thread.

January is here and in a few weeks the helmet will being its transformation, so we need to figure out what to do with the helmet. We need:

- Somewhere to send / deliver the helmet to, and someone at that place to address it to (I'm hoping our members who have close / inside access to the Top Gear team can help with this).
- Get the helmet from the painter, to that destination. We can courier it of course, but it would be terrific a FG'er was able to help out with this.
- Work out what to put with the helmet - at the very least we need a nicely worded note explaining what the gift is for (and why it's a tad late...), and also a nice printout of our 'Best Wishes' thread. Of course this lot also needs to be packaged up with the helmet somehow (so someone needs to get it printed up).
- Any other little gifts to go along with it - e.g. plush hamsters etc.

Viper - can you ask your sister how she's going with the changes I mentioned for the Zonda picture? (Not sure how often Armuri checks in here). Any progress with your contact on the helmet size?

As for the helmet itself - I will be asking the painter to take some progress shots and will post them as soon as I get them.

Last edited:
so the helmets gotta come all the way from OZ to here in the UK?

i hope you trust the baggage handlers at heathrow! hahah i know i dont.

Nice on the new Thread, the old one was getting a bit big.

I can't really help in any way from Canada, so thumbs up! I'm glad i participated in this "organisation"!

Sorry to ask but what exactly is this helmet?

Awesome idea so are you guys going to try to present it on air or something to that effect?

No, just get it to him...he will do with it what he pleases. We're trying to find out the size, but couldn't really...so it'll be more for display, than for actual use, most likely...

It would be cool, though, to see it on TV! Ideally, that's what would happen. *shrugs* No biggie if it doesn't happen, though.

Also included, will be, essentially, a print-out of the "A card for Richard Hammond" thread:
http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=13446

Is there a way that we can organise sending the hat to our insider bbc.co.uk/topgear/ and ask if he can present Richard with the helmet on Final Gears behalf?

^^ Good idea.

Any chance he will have it before the new series starts?

Is there a way that we can organise sending the hat to our insider bbc.co.uk/topgear/ and ask if he can present Richard with the helmet on Final Gears behalf?

A nice idea, however our beloved bbc.co.uk/topgear has left his position at the BBC for greener pastures, and his replacement has yet to make contact with us.

I'm just glad to see things are going ahead as planned!

great to hear some updates fbc... so the Helmet isn't at the painters yet?

It's been there for a couple of weeks, awaiting it's Hamsterisation. Our tardiness meant the earliest it could be painted was late January.

Last edited:
we need to employ some uk ninja's, equip them with video cameras and have them swing by hamsters house to give it to him

or

maybe, if we can get hold of the bbc TG rep here..... maybe he can "provide" 2 extra tickets for the occasion and have 2 guys from here present it to hamster on the show.

that would be seriously cool if they could "fix it for us" to present it on TG and be part of the show that will be broadcast

who would we send tho, it would be hard to decide, and we couldn't just send Viper, cos he's too busy with WoW :lol: i don't really like the idea of making this into an attention grabbing stunt to get on TV, but maybe presenting it would be nice. whole of he world gets to see it then :thumbsup:

who would we send tho, it would be hard to decide, and we couldn't just send Viper, cos he's too busy with WoW :lol: i don't really like the idea of making this into an attention grabbing stunt to get on TV, but maybe presenting it would be nice. whole of he world gets to see it then :thumbsup:

It would be ideal to present it to Richard (I'd actually prefer off-air, on-air - not that there's any chance of that occuring - as you said it could make it look like the attention is part of the reason for it), but that's highly unlikely to happen. I know some of our members seem to have suspiciously close contact with the Top Gear team, we need an address & a contact to send / present the helment to, safe in the knowledge it will get to Richard.

It doesn't matter who knows about it or sees it - Richard will have it, and he'll know it's from us. Of course if Richard decided of his own accord to use the helmet or show it that would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Maybe Viper007Bond or another senior member here knows of any other contacts at the BBC, or maybe it could be delivered by courier to Dunsfold Park direct??

I have tried my contact again, adding this thread in the email so they could check it out. :D

Last edited:
Well wouldn't mind travelling to the studio or the office to present it to him! I have the whole last week of January off and also a few days in February. I believe they always do the filming on a wednesday so that would coincide well! I think another Top gear friend of mine wouldn't mind going with me!

Where is it being painted?

So let me know, I would gladly take on this job!!!

BTW. I know a shop where they sell pluche hamsters, so I could that to him as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.