Hamster's Helmet - the next steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
any news on whether it has been delivered yet? :)

any news on whether it has been delivered yet? :)

Hasn't been sent yet - I'm hoping it will be sent by the end of this week. Basically I'm waiting on the photos of the finished product being sent, once I have them and everything looks good (no reason to think otherwise) we'll be good to go.

I called the painter yesterday just to double-check a few things, and everything's in order.

Once the helmet's sent I'll let everyone know (as I said, fingers and toes crossed it will be this week). I'm going to hang off on posting the photos of the finished product until I know Richard has the helmet - just to be triple-sure the suprise isn't ruined.

Wasn't keeping track...is the helmet going to be sent by mail or someone deliver it personally?

if it's the second, it would be great if someone was to film the delivery, so we can se Hammonds reaction:) that would be sweet :D
So that all the FG members could see it :)

just a thought...

It's being sent via courier (well, unless something changes dramatically in the next few days). It will be sent directly to the Top Gear production offices to a contact there, who will pass it on to Richard - we have trustworthy assurances that we will hear something once the gift reaches him.

A personal delivery to Richard would be ideal yes, but there's some big issues there with respecting Richard's privacy.

^ It's all ready to go - I was hoping it would be sent on Friday, but the painter's absolutely flat-out so it hasn't gone yet (to my knowledge). I'll be calling him on Monday to ensure it gets sent then.

Don't worry guys - as soon as something happens I'll let you all know.

Oh, I've got hi-res shots of the finished product - but as I said I'm not going to post them (that includes PMs too) until we're sure Richard has the helmet, just to avoid any chance of the surprise getting out. And yes, it looks amazing fully-finished.

The delivery should get it's own thread I think. Maybe even a spot on the main page.

this whole thing kinda reminds me of that top gear restoration ripoff. except stuff is getting done

*WOOHOO!*:banana: :woot: :dance:

Holy crap, I haven't checked up on this project in forever... nice to see it done! Can't wait for the delivery.

We're still waiting to hear from the Top Gear office to confirm Richard has the helmet. Seems Richard (and possibly others on the team) are an holidays right now.

Don't worry though, it's being chased up (big thanks to the member helping me - I won't name names though :D)

^ It's all ready to go - I was hoping it would be sent on Friday, but the painter's absolutely flat-out so it hasn't gone yet (to my knowledge). I'll be calling him on Monday to ensure it gets sent then.

Don't worry guys - as soon as something happens I'll let you all know.

Oh, I've got hi-res shots of the finished product - but as I said I'm not going to post them (that includes PMs too) until we're sure Richard has the helmet, just to avoid any chance of the surprise getting out. And yes, it looks amazing fully-finished.

You are an absolute legend getting all this done. Well done to you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.