Hamster's helmet - vote on style & design

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbc

Retired Moderator
Car(s)
2006 MY07 Astra SRi Turbo
Okay folks, we need to decide on Hamster's helmet. We can go for a full-face (hardcore racer), or open-face (as used on the show).

Design wise we have the Zonda pic (this would go on the back):
http://img82.imageshack.**/img82/8971/oldlogozg2.png

Or the Hammond / Hamster logo (to go either on the back, or sides):
http://img153.imageshack.**/img153/2606/newlogorr4.png

From the rough quotes I've received the price difference is minor GBP220 vs GBP250, so that's not really a factor.

Get your votes in quickly people - we need to get moving on this.

Full Face w/ logo on back / sides.

I think Hammond would like a Fullface helmet more as drives Racing bikes where the Open helmet would look retarded.

Hammond Hamster on open face... He already has a motorcycle helmet and all he ever wears on the show is an open face... just seems more practical. Chuck the zonda hamster onto a t-shirt or jersey or something perhaps.

watto said:
Hammond Hamster on open face... He already has a motorcycle helmet and all he ever wears on the show is an open face... just seems more practical. Chuck the zonda hamster onto a t-shirt or jersey or something perhaps.

I'd rather have we gave him something he could use in his Private life than a Work prop.

open face with the zonda for me, especially after viper's sis spent so much time on it. just a bit more personal IMO

Just for info, these are the people I've been emailing about quotes:

These guys have been really helpful, prices around the same ball park. I've sent copies of the images to jlfdesigns for a final quote (not that we in any way have to use them, but I figure they'll be a good guide for pricing and quality)
http://www.davidhumphrey.co.uk/helmets.html
http://www.jlfdesigns.co.uk/products.htm

This guy's price was a lot cheaper - good thing? Bad thing?
http://www.mikepdesigns.co.uk/home.html

And my email bounced from these people:
http://www.aadesigns.co.uk

(Credit to BerserkerCatSplat for finding some of them)

I think that if it is an open face helmet then he may actually use it on the show as they all use them when they do the 3 car races, but if you get a full face helmet then i doute that he would actually use it,

Open face is really cool and theres nothing nicer than having your own name in print on your helmet, IMO :)

Can you only get one graphic on there? The "Hammond" logo looks great if he's going to be a crime-fighting superhero, but as a TV personality, the cartoony Zonda works better. One on each side, open-faced, would be my vote, but it's not one.

Open-face with Zonda on the back, because let's face it - the graphic will be airbrushed, and that sharp "Hammond" logo would end up looking soft and smudgy, such is the nature of airbrushing. The Zonda, on the other hand, would look fantastic airbrushed.

The Hammond logo would look spiffy on a black t-shirt, though. I know I'd buy one, if it were made available.

I think a full face helmet with the zonda, since open-face helmets are extremely unsafe compared to full face helmets, especially if you are a biker which Hammond is.

This idea is brilliant.

Open faced - Zonda definitely. BeserkerCatSplat and labcoatguy have very good points, that sold me despite an original vote for the hamster logo.

That logo is sweet and we should get stickers and shirst made or something. Cafepress.com anyone?

Also - I'm in the US and I'm willing to throw a few bucks in if its needed and we can facilitate it.

lets be honest - Richard probably won't wear it in public, as it's just a huge sign to say "run me off the road!", so don't worry too much about his biking habits.

However, with an open face one, he may wear it on the show during tests, as his face can still be seen on camera.

Pro Zonda Pic!

Pro Zonda Pic!

I have been lurking in this forum ever since the Hammond crash, and I love the idea of the helmet. That Zonda pic is just AWESOME!

I think that it must be an open helmet (you have to see his face while he's in it or he won't wear it on the show) and I am absolutely convinced that it must have the Zonda picture on it, not that Hammond Hamster thing, which is kinda boring and not so personal.

I couldn't believe my eyes that anybody was even considering the Hammond Hamster logo! Really, the Zonda is just first-class, and considering the time and effort that's been put into it, and the fact that it looks great, it must be used!

However, I don't think it should be on the back, like the poll suggests, but rather one on each side. If it were on the back, what would be on the sides?? One on each side, for symmetry sounds good to me. Maybe there can be a further poll if people decide they prefer the Zonda, to check whether people really want it on the back, or on the sides.

I am fairly certain that Mr Hammond will not wear the helmet for his every day commuting. It would get worn out too quickly and I'm sure he'd love to keep it as a momento. It could very possibly just appear on Top Gear in the studio, as a prop on his head. It should comply to safety regulations so that if he wants he can wear it in some tests (They are car tests, where the helmet isn't so essential, Top Gear doesn't test bikes anyway...). Full face just would not look good on TV (except on the Stig!!!)

Ok, so that's my opinion anyway. Sorry to just barge in here and post but I have been watching this whole story for quite a while, as I said. :thumbsup:

I'm in a bit of agreement. The open-faced helmet should have the Zonda Hamster pic on it, and be used for Top Gear. The Ham(ster|mond) logo deserves to be on black t-shirts.

Open-Helmet - Hammond Logo (looks slick).
Although the Zonda is also cool.

I still like the hamster in fire through the brit flag better tho ;) :thumbsup:

I voted for the full face Hammond Hamster and here's why:

Full face for safety reasons - protect those whitened teeth.

Hammond Design: It won't look as distorted on a curved surface, it's striking and not as cartoonish as the Zonda design and I think he will be more likely to actually wear the Hammond Hamster helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.