Hamster's helmet - vote on style & design

Hamster's helmet - vote on style & design

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And no, i'm not Batman :cool:

Catwoman?

Can you add a eye-bolt on the top for an emergency winch connection ?

Is this actually moving forward? He is getting better so fast that he might actually need this thing soon!

Is this actually moving forward? He is getting better so fast that he might actually need this thing soon!

As said, we're waiting on his helmet size. No sense in getting him a helmet that won't fit.

Why not just be safe and get a large? If it won't fit him, at least it'll look cool in his living room. 8)

a small will fit everyone

you might look like a hamster if you head is to big, but that's what he is anyways :lol:
(and i don't think he has such a large head + if it's only for standing in his living room, a small would be better as well imho)

Just wanted to say good luck with this - a brilliant idea - hope you're able to get the size issue sorted and pull this off.

guys, I am new but have to jump in here with and say just guess his size. Well intentioned as you are, it will never be worn for safety. Would you wear a random helmet that arrived in the mail for you? It could be used, damaged ect. Besides, helmets vary by head shape also, you are never going to get it right just get something close before the decade ends.

Good point. Hmm.

guys, I am new but have to jump in here with and say just guess his size. Well intentioned as you are, it will never be worn for safety. Would you wear a random helmet that arrived in the mail for you? It could be used, damaged ect. Besides, helmets vary by head shape also, you are never going to get it right just get something close before the decade ends.

Yeah - I concur. This is an awesome idea that we've sat on long enough - I want to make sure it happens, and there is no guarantee that we will ever get an EXACT size. I personally think an educated guess in is order so this can move forward.

I third this. Thanks rachvent, that's an excellent point.

Let's just get it /done/.

In that case, I think the Zonda on the back would be best. While I don't think it makes as good of a helmet, it's better to look at. ;)

I've just sent one of the helmet painters an email asking for their suggestions as to what may work the best - figured it was worth just getting their input since they know what will and won't work design-wise.

From the poll result we can see we all favour open face (119 vs 84). So I'm thinking a basic open-face FIA approved (even though it's not likely to get used, but just in case) helmet, nothing flash. The design is a bit less clear - so hopefully the helmet-painter guy has some suggestions. IMHO the Zonda really needs to be on there since it was the creation of long-standing forum members.

We need to also figure out how to physically achieve this - where to buy the helmet & get it painted, delivery etc.

Last edited:
How about a helmet with the stylized sports-team-mastic looking thing on the sides, and then a t-shirt with the Hamster-Zonda image on it with a "Who needs The Stig when you've got a Hamster" phrase under the picture. How much money was raised?

~nj?

I think I was in transit from the USA to Korea when the fundraising took place (or I just missed it) but who can I send some loot to for this??

Don't worry about it. We have like US$1500. ;)

wow, 1500, dats heaps good. wats gna happen to the leftova funds, and the zonda on open face is nnnnnniiiiiiiiiccccceeeeeee

Not that it's anything to do with me - I'm too new to have been involved, but I think you're doing the right thing in going ahead - presumably you want to send it to him before he returns to work and that's not far off now.
Besides, he'll probably keep it as a souvenir, more than actually wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.