Hancock

Seasonone

Car(s)
RB25 "silvia"
Well now that the TS is out I am sure a lot of people have seen it (along with the theater viewers) so what did everybody think?

Better than the other rubbish I have seen laity (love guru and wanted) but not that great. Won't be watching it until it's on HBO and I'm bored. It was entertaining and I liked the beginning and the concept of a "super hero" who acts realistic, not goodie goodie... but the ending felt so poorly put together.

For me it seemed like they made the movie too long and the editors just cut a half hour off the end. He gets shot and starts bleeding, a minute later he's being told why he's bleeding, a minute after that the "bad guys" come and than 5 minutes later the movie is over. The ending just felt a little boring and phoned in. I am not one for "that's unrealistic" in a movie about super powers, but the "bad guys" just decided to leave jail (apparently it's fairly easy to do?). Than while there is a APB for them they stroll into a major LA hospital with weapons drawn and start shooting. Of course there are no cops to protect the now vulnerable and now loved superhero, that would be foolish.

Either that or they had a completely different ending and it didn't test well so they threw that in at the last second. IMO a "super hero" needs a real bad guy, not some gimp bank robber that you only see for a total of 5 minutes through out the whole movie (if that)

Overall I give it a 7.5/10. I didn't think it was as bad as the "critics" (but I rarely agree with them considered most are uptight old people with ego's bigger than the stars of the movies they review) but it wasn't that good either.

I haven't seen it yet (I don't like TS'es), but from what I've heard it's problem was that it tried to make a big twist and didn't fully pull it off. However I also heard that respect has to be given for not just making it another superhero movie.

Saw it yesterday and I have to say the ending was poor. It was such a shame, they could have done so much with it- but didn't. A solid 7/10 from me when 10 mins from the end it was on for a 9/10.

It's not as bad as the critics rated it, but it's not great either.
I guess the lack of super villain makes the movie kinda flat. I was expecting Charlize's character to be some kind of super villain to fight Hancock. The special effect is nice, but not as cool as the stunts and special effects in Wanted.
Overall, 7/10.

I thought they had a great premise and set-up, but completely ruined all of it in the 2nd half of the movie, as they did with I AM Lagend. 6-7/10, seriously, save your money.

I thought the movie was great. Some very funny stuff, cool effects. Jason Bateman was awesome, loved Charlize Theron. One of the better Will Smith movies.

I went and saw it last night and having not heard or read much about it, I quite enjoyed it. It did kind of trail off into nothingness toward the end though.

I was expecting some kind of big supervillain showdown once we found out Charlize Theron:)love:) was a superhero as well.

On the whole, not bad though

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed it too. The effects were pretty good, which you don't always get. I like the way Will Smith can play any character in any film without needed different costumes and wigs. I've watched I Am Legend on DVD now too, which I thought was good until the ending, which disappointed me.

Lets have a directors cut FTW.

I bet some suit chopped it so to sell more ice cream and popcorn - rats, don't you just hate it when that happens.