Happy August 14th/15th

Hatmouse

Car(s)
'03 Civic Si
A Happy Independence day to all the Indian and Pakistani members of Finalgear!

(Though technically, I suppose it's still the 13th where I'm at).
Anyhow, enjoy.

Whats special about it? The 15th is a holiday in Germany, although, I think only in Bavaria you don't have to work...

Whats special about it? The 15th is a holiday in Germany, although, I think only in Bavaria you don't have to work...

It is similar to the 4th of July. It is the day when we gave India and Pakistan their freedom, splitting them up in the process.

I heard it's having its 60th anniversary this year (well according to my friend anyway)

:yawn:

It is similar to the 4th of July. It is the day when we gave India and Pakistan their freedom, splitting them up in the process.
Is that a good thing though? Dividing a country by religion and leaving both vulnerable to religious fanatics doesn't sound like a good thing to celebrate.

Is that a good thing though? Dividing a country by religion and leaving both vulnerable to religious fanatics doesn't sound like a good thing to celebrate.

I don't know TBH. I try to steer clear of any form of religion/religious debate.
The only reason it is being covered in the UK is because nothing is happening and the media is finally bored of Madeline "I am lying in a ditch dead" McCann.

Yeah, they didn't do anything to earn it. :rolleyes:

There are just as many Muslims in India as there are people in Pakistan.

It's the third most muslim country in the world by population. Pakistan is second and Indonesia is first.