Happy Festivus everyone - post your grievances

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
happy-festivus.png

Happy Festivus everyone, as is tradition with the Airing Of Grievances, name some of the ways you've been disappointed over the last year.

- For me it'd have to be my St Louis Cardinals choking once again on the path to what should have been another World Series win.
- I'm also upset over GM choosing to kill Pontiac yet keep GMC around, they serve no point other than to sell rebadged Chevy trucks.
- GM choosing to put their new Duramax engine on the shelf, I was really looking forward to seeing that wedged into some passenger cars.
- GM deciding to make the upcoming 9C1 Caprice for fleet sales ONLY.
- Frank Mir letting himself get pounded through the mat by Brock Lesnar at UFC 100, and then Lesnar punking out of his title match with Shane Carwin in November.
- I wish things had gone better for Final Gear at LeMons.

I've said my piece, now you do the same.

festivus.jpg

Last edited:
I second "YOU MORONS KILLED PONTIAC?!" as a grievance. Also:
*Waco. The police for being unable to catch thieves and violent criminals, but they'll damn sure get you for speeding. The locals for driving like morons and totalling my Pontiac in the process. And the lack of a Nordstrom/24-hour coffee joint/theatre that actually kicks out annoying high school kids talking during the whole film/etc.
*Bailouts/assorted government idiocy
*Turkey. No, sir, I don't like it.
*Whatever dinky school from Louisiana injured our QB early this season. We should invade. Take revenge! Etc. They're sort of French over there...they'd surrender early.
*...I think I've already aired my grievances in "Things that annoy me..." That, sir, is another grievance in itself!

Now for the feats of strength? Y'all are in for it this year...I'm a wuss.

I'm a tad aggravated at my laptop's headphone jack, but the year has been pretty good besides.

Oh yeah, I'm a bit miffed that the Viper's gonna be gone.

-Dez Bryant disappointed me when he met with Deion Sanders and then lied about it to the NCAA, I'm also angry with the NCAA for their heavy handed and inconsistent punishment.

-ABC disappointed me by canceling "Pushing Daises".

That's about it.

The man who bought my apartment building, who thought it was totally cool to raise my rent by $200 when I'm trying to corral enough money to buy a house. I hope you die in a fire, man who bought my apartment building.

2009 Chicago Bears season - There were a few bright spots, but for the most part, it is a season I'm trying to forget.

- Lost my Grandmother in May, and my ten year old cousin a month ago.
- Exams, schoolwork etc.
- I've gained no ground in life in any way.

The man who bought my apartment building, who thought it was totally cool to raise my rent by $200 when I'm trying to corral enough money to buy a house. I hope you die in a fire, man who bought my apartment building.
I'm pretty sure that that is illegal.

If you have a signed legal lease agreement, he can't do that.

- I've gained no ground in life in any way.

YOU'RE 17! You have decades ahead of you, most of which will actually matter in your future career, relationship, and life. I didn't decide what I wanted to do with my life until I was 20, and I'm happy, with a job I like in a city I enjoy living in (apart from, you know, rat bastard apartment owners). I know people who didn't decide what to do with their lives until they were in their mid-20s. I know people who decided very late in life to completely change careers.

In short, don't feel bad for yourself if your life at 17 sucks. You've got the entire rest of your life to live, the majority of which is a lot more important to your future than your life at 17.

Also, my dramatic rent increase was within the law (he had to do little more than give six months notice, which he gave the moment the building was sold). As a result, I am currently in the market for a new apartment or house, ideally before April.

Last edited:
being fired from work in an illegal manner, bailouts in general, VW recently announced the end of my car :(

being fired from work in an illegal manner, bailouts in general, VW recently announced the end of my car :(
So, your car is just going to randomly explode here in the coming months?

My Grievances:
*When the local missionary come to my door when I am eating.
*Annoying, techno listening Neighbors.
*Not having money.
**I could go on, but someone is knocking on my door...

I acomplished none of the things I was supposed to this year (getting a job, friends in real life, a boyfriend, etc)

The first 6 months of this year were absolute shit, waste of my time and energy to bother remembering specifics. August was an awesome month since I was able to go to Boston, but not so awesome as I lost two friends in that same month because they were stubborn assholes :) September is the month that things started turning around (finally) and now I don't feel so bad about where I am in my life.

Still not living on my own, can't afford living on my own, swamped with bills from my trip and various other crap I've bought through the year, etc.etc.

Still... looking forward to a better 2010 than this year for sure :|

Losing my uncle (who was my dad's best friend)
Losing my grandmother (but I'm glad she doesn't have to suffer anymore).
Losing connections with my late uncle's wife and daughter (the former of whom is my dad's younger sister), because they don't want to talk to anyone nor deal with anyone now that my uncle is gone.

I lost two friends in that same month because they were stubborn assholes :)
:lol: :rolleyes:

St. Louis Cardinals, you have disappointed me. You know why.

Toyota Financial, you have disappointed me for being so unbelievably hard to work with. It's taken three months for me to get a lien release from you. This is unacceptable.

Father, you have disappointed me for sinking deeper into a paranoid depression, isolating yourself from the world, and making my mother progressively miserable.

Roommates, you have disappointed me in the following ways:

- Failing to pay me for bills on time (which I have to cover out of pocket), and then while owing me money, talking about buying things like Sirius subscriptions

- Telling me you would bring your Dish subscription to the house and to cancel my DirecTV I just ordered, but neglecting to tell me that you had a $300 outstanding balance with Dish and they would turn it off the week after you move in, so we wouldn't have any TV at all.

- Somehow still being broke and asking for other people to pay for things despite knowing you're saving over $700/month by moving in with me rather than living where you did

- Speaking of that... subsidizing your fun. All of your friends are sick of it. You cannot buy McDonalds multiple times while at work, and then say "oh well if you'll buy my drinks I'll go out". No. We are sick of it. Your company is not worth us collectively spending hundreds of dollars on you.

Shop I took my car to, you disappoint me because the person who owns you makes everyone wait at least five minutes before her workload allows her to talk to anyone else. This is bad customer service. Hire another person to work the front. Oh, and everyone I've ever talked to agrees with me that she's incredibly flaky.

Last edited:
- Friends- where do I start? Lying to me to get me on their side about issues, being cheapskates, dates before mates, etc etc. i could go on forever, but long story short, I'm not going to put up with them for much longer. Thank god.

- Internet- sloooooow. And dad refuses to let me upgrade the connection so our speeds would more than quadruple for just $20 more a month, which I am willing to pay him. Also my parents refusing to let me put a data plan on my iPhone so i can use the 3G network, then whinging about the $10 extra each month they have to pay because I used an app with ads once or twice and went to 1-3 web pages that month ($2/MB with no data plan FTL). GAH.

- job- yeah, giving me a ton of shifts right in the middle of exams, then almost none during holidays when i am free to work full-time really makes sense. And don't get annoyed about me not answering the phone when you choose to only ring me on days I have taken off and/or at 3am.

- favouritism in my family- example- grandparents give one set of grandchildren more gifts, attend all birthdays, care for youngest one, shower older ones with gifts (most commonly alcohol, even when they are about to drive with a 0 BAC limit on their licence). Other set see them 1-2 times a year, get birthday visits ignored in favour of lawn bowls lunches/meets, treated like children and when i finally turn 18, they tell me that I'm too young for drinking still nd my mother would not approve of it. Um, 18 means I am perfectly legal to drink and my mum encourages me to drink good alcohol, oh, maybe like the stuff you shower on the cousins? Preferential treatment within families sucks.

- distant friends- don't whinge about being "out of sight, out of mind" to people via mass email, then come back into the country without telling people so they can meet up with you, then ignore them when you are spotted shopping. Of course we are going to put you out of mind if there is no communication from your side except whinging and rehashes of what we have told you back to everybody else!

Ze end for now, but I have so many more *grumble* :(

youdisappointme.jpg

ChelsDS, if you're going to "not acknowledge" me, you should start by not responding to things I do. In fact, during the past year, you have disappointed me in the following ways:

- Being so immature and "bubbly" in real life that several people, including myself, cannot spend a week with you without becoming chronically irritated with your presence. You're 25 now; it is no longer cute or adorable to say "ooooooooh" at every third thing you see or act like Elmyra from Tiny Toons.

- Stalking me and endlessly pestering me in order to get back a pair of shitty underwear and a $15 USB stick with nothing on it. Yes, I said I would send them, and then didn't. Big fucking deal. That's hardly a reason to bother me for months on end about it. Hell, I probably would have just paid you to replace them and stop talking to me.

- Despite repeated and incredibly drawn-out discussions about problems you and I have with each other that, on their own, weren't even that terrible... proceeding to post all about them, and making me out to be a total asshole, on a forum which I frequent. Being that it was one of the first posts you ever made on didn't help the situation, either.

And you know what? On that note...

- Joining Final Gear, despite not even liking Top Gear in the first place, and proceeding to become the biggest attention whore on the boards. Your only contributions to these boards are contained entirely in the NSFW forum, and even then, they consist of flirting with other guys and posting pictures of yourself.

Happy Festivus! :dance:

Last edited:
So, your car is just going to randomly explode here in the coming months?
:lol: no
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/article_2684.shtml

youdisappointme.jpg

ChelsDS, if you're going to "not acknowledge" me, you should start by not responding to things I do. In fact, during the past year, you have disappointed me in the following ways:

- Joining Final Gear, despite not even liking Top Gear in the first place, and proceeding to become the biggest attention whore on the boards. Your only contributions to these boards are contained entirely in the NSFW forum, and even then, they consist of flirting with other guys and posting pictures of yourself.

Happy Festivus! :dance:

Shame she isn't still on notice for harassment right now :lol:
I suggest you put her on ignore too she never posts anything worth reading, I think the last thing I read she posted was some whining about jewelry. :rolleyes:

She doesn't even like the shows? :blink: Actually she never really posts about cars either......