Has anyone noticed Richard Hammond becoming more prominent?

No Boss said:
I hated may when I first saw TopGear. I thought he was so boring, awkward, and Dad-ish.

Now I love him, he's such a damn rock star.

Exactly, I love seeing what he is going to see next. As for Hammond, I'm glad to see him gain prominence, because as much as I love Jezza, its nice to see reviews of cars that aren't so overtly biased. As for him making the analogies like clarkson, I have to think that much of that would be from the directors wanting to maintain a certain style.

.Scotty said:
I think it's a good thing. Every show that I have seen Hammond in has been good. He's an excellent presenter.

Hamster is good at what he does, and he seems like a nice enough bloke ... it's just I think he's starting to get a bit overexposed.

When I saw 'Richard Hammond and the Holy Grail' on a BT tracker somewhere, my first reaction was to cringe. Looks like I'm not the only one to cringe.

So TG ... if you're listening, please give us 50% more May and 50% less Hamster for series 9. This would get us closer to how things were in the good old days. :thumbsup:

Oh ya most definitely. James is more into the details and the little things, hes the one who could convince me to buy a car and the other 2 could more easily get me to not like it

tone76 said:
Hamster is good at what he does, and he seems like a nice enough bloke ... it's just I think he's starting to get a bit overexposed.
I can't get enough of JC and May, but Hamster... he is, as you say, overexposed.

But I guess he's the main reason why many women watch TG. Or maybe it's the supercars.

I just sent in a complaint.

Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May! Needs more James May!

bah, Hamster has been a main part of the show for years now, before James was ever even a part of it. You people are thinking way too hard...... :lol:

pfrocker said:
o I forgot there will be a segment that is didicated to changing the title of "Captain Slow" into a faster guy, buy giving James driving lesson using a race car driver in a TVR

That "race car driver" would be Sir Jackie Stewart, 3-time Formula 1 World Champion.

Maybe James just doesn't want to do as many reviews and/or has been busy with non-business things? Also, I have noticed that Top Gear tends to lay its season ahead of time so that they can referrence back to previous car reviews etc. in the studio in some kind of order (ie, can this car beat last weeks car). Maybe James did his reviews and when it came time to edit the lump together his got pushed further down the schedule.

Hammond is getting a lot of exposure, but that may be something that is partially random.

However, it may be that the producers are finding Hammond's segments are preferred, so he is getting more time. I, for one, usually enjoy the reviews he does and find him to usually carry quite a bit of excitement into what he does.

James though also brings his own way of thinking to Top Gear and its quite nice. Definately shouldn't be taking him out because he does make a great addition to the show, even if he isn't as bouncy as the other two. I especially like when they are all together, they seem to mesh well.

PurgeTV said:
pfrocker said:
o I forgot there will be a segment that is didicated to changing the title of "Captain Slow" into a faster guy, buy giving James driving lesson using a race car driver in a TVR

That "race car driver" would be Sir Jackie Stewart, 3-time Formula 1 World Champion.
o really? nice!

Regardless of people's opinions on Hammond or May, I think everyone can agree they're both loads better than that fat dude May replaced :p

R-Type said:
Regardless of people's opinions on Hammond or May, I think everyone can agree they're both loads better than that fat dude May replaced :p

Jason Dawe? Yes, I absolutely agree with you. And he had that boooring segment about used cars and buying tips. Boooooring.

Haderach said:
R-Type said:

Jason Dawe? Yes, I absolutely agree with you. And he had that boooring segment about used cars and buying tips. Boooooring.
James May did this sgement when he first arrived for a series or possibly two.

Maybe they have put Hammond at the front of the show a bit more because he now gets his own shows and gets the most female attention so is more recognisable (although I don't think he could ever be as well known as Clarkson)

Still really annoyed about James not getting enough to do, maybe he chose it to be like that or ,as SL65AMG.. suggested, he'll have more to do later in the series :think:

My gf (who is only 23) much prefers James to Hammond. But then she drinks bitter :)

I like James - he comes out with a one-liner when you least expect it, but without hogging the limelight. Nice style.

jmb said:
My gf (who is only 23) much prefers James to Hammond. But then she drinks bitter :)

James would treat a girl proper, the perfect gent and then theres that voice. Richard is too flash. Now JC, hes got the money and the power, so he's the real sexy one.

Well, the knights did have the money and the power during the age of chivalry, so of course it's not dead :p

May is just so... posh! :lol: