Has anyone scouted around for a team to have a race with?

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
As some of you may have noticed, we have a blank spot on November 4th of the team season to either have a break or seek for a team to have a race with. For the past few weeks, I have tried to look for other teams but most of them only have 4 members or less, I'm looking for one with ~10members...

Has anyone seen any team that is worth mentioning to have a race with? You can either make contact with them or get someone like Firefox to email them to see how it goes, I will be happy to do that as well. November 4th is about 1 month away, we should start scouting for teams to have a race with on this date.

I am more than happy to race with TPS again as it was a great race, or MG racing but I wouldn't count of them turning up... I can visit TPS servers to see if there're up for another race.

Any opinions, suggestions, comments... etc?

If everyone is fine with racing the same team, maybe Ryosuke could post here or I could try to contact them or maybe firefox as I believe they speak Dutch or something.

I don't think i can attent the 'team vs team' race. I got something else planned. I'm sure we can arrange something with TPS :)
Lets wait for Ryosuke to post and see if they can make it on November 4th.

i'm just afraid there is too much going on at the moment. we're already thinking about canceling our internal team championship because everyone is so busy driving in various leagues. i'm personally organizing on monday, training on tuesday and internal cup on wednesday, running another league every second thursday and one every sunday. most others are equally busy at the moment, i fear there wouldn't be too much who would show up for an additional race and i'm happy to find one day a week where i can get drunk...;)
maybe we can set something up later this year around christmas when most seasons will be over.

I have scouted for a team to race with and just sent them an email, the team is called "DSR", darksideracing.net ... I raced on their servers and they were quite clean and quick. I have already approached the person in charge of that and will get a reply soon, if everything goes well, we might have a race for our blank spot.

They are an american team so hopefully the timing would be okay for them, ESPN and Mischief, may I ask what time are the races for you?

They also seem to be quite an organized bunch so it won't be a disaster like MG racing

just an update, our emails so far:

Hi Andrew!

I just wanted to acknowledge that I have received your e-mail and forwarded it to the team. We should have an answer by Monday or Tuesday.

I was wondering, are you the guy from Malaysia? Which part?

Lebaron

Andrew wrote:

>Lebanon,
>
>Our team consist of roughly 10-15 active members that race every
>weekend on mostly road car races (visit: http://lfs.finalgear.com) for
>more information. We leave a free spot every season for a team vs.team
>race, just last season we raced against TPS racing team.
>
>Our free spot for this season is on the 4th of November where we have a
>race, our last team vs team race (10 from our team and 10 from yours),
>our format was 1 combination of our choice and 1 of yours, both will
>consist of roughly 30-45mins each combination. Of course if you have
>another proposal for another format (for example, if we can come to an
>agreement on the combination), we would be happy to accomodate if its
>sensible.
>
>We race on Saturday nights at around 1800GMT, if you are not free
>around that time, I can contact my team to arrange another time.
>
>If you have any other questions, feel free to email me.
>Andrew
>
>

looks like they are just like MG racing, no reply after a follow up email, hopefully we could still arrange something, still loads of time :D

Perhaps we should leave it as a week off.
One more week to practice for the switch to GTOs is not a bad thing.

ESPNSTI said:
Perhaps we should leave it as a week off.
One more week to practice for the switch to GTOs is not a bad thing.

np... if they don't reply, I won't bother following up :D

More conversations, looks like we might have an empty week unless someone else will find a team.

Hank,

We definetly don't mind that only you have 7 racers, but about changing the
date, I'm very sorry, but we cannot accomodate that as if you look at
the attachment of our schedule, we already have fixed schedule for a championship race on November 11th. If you can still work for a race on November 4th, we would be happy to accomodte and arrange it, unfortunately, we won't be able to accomodate demo version mainly because our team already consists of more than 10 active members (who are looking to race) which would almost occupy the entire demo server.

I genuinely hope that we could arrange for a race.

Andy,

Please forgive me for the late response.. a lot of stuff going on.
Currently we only have 7 racers in S2.. but we hope to get more within
the next week or so. Also Nov 11th works for us better.. Nov 4th is
exams for the college students here.

So if we can get all 7 to race on Nov 11th do u want to do it? I guess
we don't mind 11 vs 7.. coz hopefully we will have 2 or 3 more S2
drivers by then

Thanks for considering us anyway even if it doesn't work out.. but let
me know either way ya?

Sincerely,

Lebaron

Forget it then. Lets have that week off then ;).

anyone still up for this?

DSR went from about five to nine (and growing) S2 drivers

I know this is last minute.. but is that slot still open for the team race? I think we could pull it off if the time is right.
As you have seen, we race mostly from 11:30PM-1:30AM EDT or 4:30AM-6:30AM GMT

So Nov 4th 11:30PM-1:30AM EDT would be Nov 5th morning 4:30AM-6:30AM GMT for Europe which is the time we're on track.

If that doesnt work, could you make a suggestion asap? If this race doesn't work out, we'll definitely do something next time!

Lebaron

I've suggested our normal racing time to see if they are okay with it? The Europeans would kill me if I agreed to this time, plus I prefer our time slot as I might be out during this time next week.
Maybe we could have a warmup race on SO Town or something

I like that time :D :lol:.

guys, could you please state the opinions in this forum? Those guys seem quite interested in racing this weekend, are you guys okay with it?

http://www.darksideracing.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=432

EDIT: Actually, just need a headcount for the race, its quite a pain in the ass to sign up, the admin needs to manually activate accounts. Will the normal people be joining? If so excluding ff, should I say we have around 10 or 5?

Off the top of my head, ESPNSTI, MXM, MISCHIEF, JAYHAWK, LMLDRIVER, BURNSY, GraemeH, MorroW, ANDY, Geeman and Mike (Do you want to race as well?)

I'll just say we have between 5 and 10, if anyone of you can't make it or I didn't put your name down, please just place a post

Last edited:
Didn't know if EDIT will count as a new post incase there are people like me who only click on the new post section :D

So I guess it counts as a bump :D

Off the top of my head, ESPNSTI, MXM, MISCHIEF, JAYHAWK, LMLDRIVER, BURNSY, GraemeH, MorroW, ANDY, Geeman and Mike (Do you want to race as well?)

Heeeeey :p Doesn't matter I can't make it anyway :(