Has it been axed Top Gear OZ

kymboOz

Car(s)
Holden VT
There are several rumours making the rounds that Top Gear Australia has been axed.

In a recent poll on one website the vote was overwhelming, people would rather watch 2 cockroaches run up a wall to enduring Top Gear Australia.

No one's forcing anyone to watch it, if they don't like it then just watch something else.

Personally, I'm preferring it to Top Gear U.K. at the moment because it's something fresh.
Sure the jokes aren't great, but different hosts and scenery is a nice change.

I'll probably get neg rep'd for saying so.

No one's forcing anyone to watch it, if they don't like it then just watch something else.

Personally, I'm preferring it to Top Gear U.K. at the moment because it's something fresh.
Sure the jokes aren't great, but different hosts and scenery is a nice change.

I'll probably get neg rep'd for saying so.

I must say, the different scenery is a bit jarring to me.
Then again, that's partially because the filming isn't nearly as high quality, which is annoying.

TGAU deserves a second season, but if there isn't marked improvement then there's problems.

"Rumours". From where?

Unless you can show us something to suggest otherwise, I'd say the rumours are probably rubbish. I haven't seen any announcement by SBS to say that series two isn't going ahead, only ones that say it is. And I hope it does... with a LOT of changes to make it a LOT better than series one.

I must say, the different scenery is a bit jarring to me.
Then again, that's partially because the filming isn't nearly as high quality, which is annoying.

:huh:

The cinematography is arguably TGA's strong point. Some of the editing in the first couple of episodes was a bit off, but the camerawork is the least of TGA's worries.

As for the OP ... this is the first I've heard about it - last time the good people of FG checked, SBS and Freehand had confirmed that Series 2 was go.

^ I agree.

They don't do the retarded effects shit that TGUK does (but hasn't this current series). I almost prefer the camera work of TGAU to its UK counterpart.

nothing rong with the scenery to me but there again i am a local and at least these guys speak propper stralin

I wasn't implying that it wasn't pretty - rather, it's just odd after you see all the greenery in the UK version and then suddenly there's these sand dunes and sky and whatnot.

not quite as many MM or VW laps by SIABSC to be recorded - more EH (excessive heat) or DOT (dust on track) notations, but yes, odd to see gum trees and hear different birds in the background.

I admit the first episode did not leave an intense desire to watch the second, but I did give the whole season a whirl and while it's not UK Top Gear, I expect it isn't supposed to be. ;)

And the original took a few seasons to find it's feet, IMO, so I can at least extend the same courtesy to TG Australia.

I got told yesterday this as well. Apparently it was in last week's Green Guide (technology/TV section in "The Age" for the uneducated)...

Totally crazy considering a new host hasn't even had a chance to be on camera (as a real host...)

I rewatched the whole of Season 1 the other month and upon reflection I must say I liked it. As soon as you get TG UK out of your mind its a very competent TV show, I even enjoy some of Charlie's reviews :eek:

Last edited:
I wasn't implying that it wasn't pretty - rather, it's just odd after you see all the greenery in the UK version and then suddenly there's these sand dunes and sky and whatnot.
Mate, thats all we got at the moment the country is as dry as a tin of Milo. The only place where theres any green left is in Tasmania (which is where they did a number of there episodes) and Queensland is doing ok rain wise.

They can't axe it yet, i gotta admit at first i thought it was a bit iffy. You expect it to be as humorous as the UK version, but you gotta remember its still early like, someone else mention TGUKs first couple of series were... shit! atleast until they killed off the black stig (mean that in a non racist way).

Give it atleast another 2 series.

Last edited: