Autoblog: Hate em or love em Challengers from SEMA 08

predator101

Car(s)
Toyota Yaris, Toyota Corolla
Some Dodge Challengers from SEMA '08.

1. George Barris' Red Demon
? The flagship model of a three-car series, the Red Demon is packing a 725-hp, supercharged 6.1-liter V8, which motivates 20-inch (front) and 22-inch (rear) rollers. However, no amount of power could help the Red Demon escape the long reach of the ugly stick. With an ungainly set of carbon fiber hood scoops, odd 3D roof stripe and a split rear spoiler, we're happy to report that production is limited

2. Class Design Concepts Group 2 Widebody ? Mixing a menacing stance with a Vortech supercharger, 15-inch Baer brakes and a KW coilover setup, the widebody Challenger is ready to do battle against its pony car competition.

3.Mopar Underground Targa ? We're a sucker for road-going racers and particularly those that have a grueling campaign under their belts. The Targa Challenger hits both points and comes equipped with tweaked HEMI V8 putting out 540 hp and 490 lb.-ft. of torque to a Tremec six-speed manual and modified rear diff. The KW suspension and StopTech brakes round things out, making the Targa one of the most desirable Challengers on the floor

4.Hurst HEMI ? It's one of the most subtle and attractive Challengers on the floor, and even has those of us less than enamored by the coupe have a soft spot for the Hurst. The 530-hp, Stage 4 package helps too.

NOTE: The above list is edited according to my liking.

SOURCE: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/sema-2008-10-challengers-worth-loving-or-loathing/1143469/

Hate em or love em

Hate em.

I like the hood mods on most of them (especially the shaker) but...nah...I'd rather have stock (visual wise...I'm sure they perform like beasts)

#1 - Ick, get it away from me - don't like that at all
#2 - I need to see more shots of that - has potential to look goddamn awesome
#3 - Lose all the stickers, but keep the Mopar stripe, wheels & stance & you're on a winner
#4 - Not really sold on the gold stripes...

#1 WWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY?
#2 Some of the extra bits just look silly.
#3 Sweet.
#4 Widen the gap between stripes and carry them over the roof, also ditch the wheels.

Some Dodge Challengers from SEMA '08.
supercharged 6.1-liter V8, which motivates 20-inch (front) and 22-inch (rear) rollers.

How does an engine motivate the wheels?