Have an episode I don't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pumesta said:
I have most episodes of Top Gear dating back to the mid 80's. I have been currently converting them from VHS to DVD. But dont know the original air dates or even season numbers
thats the key :shock:
not some, but most!

yeah man.....thats a classic first post of a century....

I would love to see the episodes before I was born....

pumesta said:
bihus said:
pdanev said:
Now thats a nice 1st post!!! :welcome:

Indeed.
Are you thinking of sharing it? Or was it just to wet our mouths?

If someone could point me in the correct direction on how to go about sharing certainly I shall
Upload them individually onto somewhere like (filefactory.com). How big are your rips btw?

Your cool, I like you 8)

Well, if you can get them to me, I'll torrent them up. :)

OK I have transfered these episodes from VHS to DVD using my DVD recorder. But how do I convert the DVD to an AVI. I have went the other way many times but never DVD to AVI. I must point out that these 'early' episodes are very different from the current format. That said it is amusing to see Mr Clarkson when he was in his late 20's, less fat more hair :lol: . Also I will need help with seeding as living in the UK I have a crap bandwidth allowance each month. Also my computer is a bit old so even the long time storage is a issue with its massive 20 gig hdd :(

If you prefer you could always send them to VUK or Viper (depending where you're from)

and they could then rip it.

I would suggest Avi Gordian knot, but VUK, Overheat or some other ripper will tell you better. I suggest you upload it somewhere a few people can get it, and then will be able to seed.

Renesis said:
If you prefer you could always send them to VUK or Viper (depending where you're from)

and they could then rip it.

I suppose he's british, so VUK or Overheat would be a better bet. ;)

Yeah, the source would be the same, DVD, so the results would be the same too. :) Looks like a plan.

He knows I really like them. The only difference is in TG/FG, as the source is analog, and Vuk's digital. I didn't mean it the way you interpreted it.

VUK's rips are better quality than mine, but I'll be more than happy to help out if you want me to.

Also, if you want to do it yourself, I find the best way is to copy the DVD MPEG to your HDD using TMPGEnc DVD Author, then convert them to AVI using Auto Gordian Knot. Then cut them down to size with VirtualDub and remove any adverts etc.

Finally, use Auto Gordian Knot again to resize the video to 350MB or whatever.

:thumbsup: too bad I can't download it untill the weekend

Edit: Maybe you should make a thread about it in the video offers section :)

Downloading now! can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.